With a view to facilitate access of higher education, LPU is providing the following scholarships to encourage our dedicated soldiers in the Defence and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and their dependents. The services that have been included are- Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Railway Protection Force (RPF), National Security Guards (NSG), Special Frontier Force (SFF), Assam Riffles, Border Road Organization, General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Military Engineers Service (MES), Defence Security Corps (DSC), Ordnance Factory Board.
Scholarship Scheme for Serving Defense Personnel (those who are nominated through study leave) and Retired Defense Personnel
- The scholarship listed below is for all regular programmes only (Distance learning programmes not included).
- Categorization of recipients for eligibility relaxation and Scholarship for serving officers is given in table 1 below:
|Category - A
||Recipients of Gallantry awards- (ParamVir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Veer Chakra & Shaurya Chakra, President’s Tatrakshak Medal and Tatrakshak Medal, President’s Police medal for Gallantry, President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service, President’s Police Medal for Distinguish Service, President’s Police medal, disabled in action & boarded out)
||50% Programme Fee Waiver
|Category - B
||Serving Officers (Other than above) nominated through study leave
||30% Programme Fee Waiver
Scholarship scheme for dependents of recipients of various awards and Ex-Servicemen/ Retired Defense Personnel
Categorization of dependents of recipients of various awards and Ex-servicemen for eligibility relaxation and Scholarship for dependents is given in table 2 below:
|Category - C
||All the dependents of Recipients of Gallantry awards- (ParamVir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Veer Chakra & Shaurya Chakra, President’s Tatrakshak Medal and Tatrakshak Medal, President’s Police medal for Gallantry, President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service, President’s Police Medal for Distinguish Service, President’s Police medal and Killed in action, disabled in action & boarded out)
||30% Programme Fee Waiver
|Category - D
||Dependent of Serving personnel/ ex-servicemen/ retired personnel (from all defence forces mentioned above)
||20% Programme Fee Waiver
- A relaxation of 5% in eligibility will be given for all categories and programmes (Diploma, Programmes after 10+2, Programmes after Graduation etc.) except for programmes where certain regulatory bodies have imposed minimum eligibility conditions (For details please contact our Admission Office or the concerned dealing official).
- All the serving officers (from all the forces covered under this policy), who are willing to take admission in LPU through study leave will be exempted from entrance exam and interview conducted by LPU (Except Ph.D. & LLM programmes) and any other programme where eligibility test is compulsory as per the regulatory authorities.
- Category wise scholarship has been mentioned in table 1 above. The fee scholarship as mentioned above is for the full normal duration of the Programme i.e. applicant will continue to get scholarship for all the semesters, subject to certain conditions as mentioned below:
Terms and Conditions for Scholarship:
- Scholarship as stated above is subject to verification and authentication of the information, certificates and other documents as required by the University.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship as stated above as well as other Scholarship / Financial aid /monetary benefit scheme or policy of LPU, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- Scholarship as stated above is offered at the time of admissions only and applicant has to apply for the same at the time of filing Application for Admissions or before the date prescribed by the University.
- Scholarship as mentioned above is applicable on programme fee as prescribed for a term/semester under the Programme details in Part B of the Prospectus for the concerned year. The benefit of Scholarship will not be applicable in case of fee for various other requirements/facilities like Backlog/re-appear/Make up fee etc. as mentioned under the head 'Other Fee' in General Admission Guidelines of Part - C of Prospectus.
- Benefit of Scholarship is for the normal duration of the Programme. However if a student takes more than normal duration to pass the Programme, he will not be entitled for these benefits for duration in excess of normal duration.
- If at any stage, it is found that an applicant has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information/fact(s) which would have rendered him ineligible for admission and/or ineligible for benefit of Scholarship or applicant has been admitted and/or Scholarship has been awarded by default by the University, then the admission and/or Scholarship will stand cancelled.
- In addition to other terms and conditions as prescribed from time to time, only those students will be eligible for Scholarship in subsequent terms / years:
- Against whom No Disciplinary action has been initiated or taken during their stay at LPU.
- Who has never been charged for Academic Misconduct or Use of Unfair Means in LPU.
- In case of any matter not covered here and for interpretation of any content of this proposal, the decision of the competent authority of the University shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- The Scholarship will be available in all programmes where normal LPU scholarship scheme is applicable (For details please contact our Admission Office or the concerned dealing official mentioned at the end of this document).
- The duly filled application form for admission (PROSPECTUS- PART C) by applicant should be submitted to the university by 15th October, 2021 (last date is over). However it is advised that applications are submitted earlier to avoid missing this opportunity due to filling up of seats.
- Final Selections will be made subject to completion of all documentation and availability of seats in Programme for which admission is sought by candidate, subject to Terms & Conditions applicable on the date of admission.
- Documents to be submitted by persons availing the scholarship under this scheme:
- For serving personnel: Bonafide certificate from Commanding Officer of Unit currently posted to with seal and copy of ID card (mentioning the service no.)
- For ex-servicemen: Pension Pay Order, Discharge Book and Copy of ID card.
- Officers on study leave: Bonafide certificate from respective Directorate of education, Headquarters, Delhi.
- Final decision regarding admissibility will be taken by the University and cannot be claimed as a matter of right by any eligible applicant.
- All other conditions as mentioned under the head “Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship and its different phases” will also be applicable.
Click here to view list of programmes.