With a view to facilitate access of higher education, LPU is providing the following scholarships to encourage our dedicated soldiers in the Defence and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and their dependents. The services that have been included are- Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Railway Protection Force (RPF), National Security Guards (NSG), Special Frontier Force (SFF), Assam Riffles, Border Road Organization, General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Military Engineers Service (MES), Defence Security Corps (DSC), Ordnance Factory Board.
Scholarship Scheme for Serving Defense Personnel (those who are nominated through study leave) and Retired
- The scholarship listed below is for all regular programmes only (Distance learning programmes not included).
- Categorization of recipients for eligibility relaxation and Scholarship for serving officers is given in table 1 below:
|Category - A
||Recipients of Gallantry awards- (ParamVir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Veer Chakra & Shaurya Chakra, President’s Tatrakshak Medal and Tatrakshak Medal, President’s Police medal for Gallantry, President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service, President’s Police Medal for Distinguish Service, President’s Police medal, disabled in action & boarded out)
||50% Tuition Fee Waiver
|Category - B
||Serving Officers (Other than above) nominated through study leave or retired defense personnel
||30% Tuition Fee Waiver
Scholarship scheme for dependents of recipients of various awards and Ex-Servicemen/ Retired Defense Personnel
Categorization of dependents of recipients of various awards and Ex-servicemen for eligibility relaxation and Scholarship for dependents is given in table 2 below:
|Category - C
||All the dependents of Recipients of Gallantry awards- (ParamVir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Veer Chakra & Shaurya Chakra, President’s Tatrakshak Medal and Tatrakshak Medal, President’s Police medal for Gallantry, President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service, President’s Police Medal for Distinguish Service, President’s Police medal and Killed in action, disabled in action & boarded out)
||30% Tuition Fee Waiver
|Category - D
||Dependent of Serving personnel/ ex-servicemen/ retired personnel (from all defence forces mentioned above)
||20% Tuition Fee Waiver
Category wise scholarship has been mentioned in table 1 above. The fee scholarship as mentioned above is
for the full normal duration of the Programme i.e. applicant will continue to get scholarship for all the
semesters, subject to certain conditions as mentioned below:
- A relaxation of 5% in eligibility will be given for all categories and programmes (Diploma, Programmes
after 10+2, Programmes after Graduation etc.) except for programmes where certain regulatory bodies
have imposed minimum eligibility conditions (For details please contact our Admission Office or the
concerned dealing official mentioned at the end of this document).
- All the serving officers (from all the forces covered under this policy), who are willing to take admission in
LPU through study leave will be exempted from entrance exam and interview conducted by LPU (Except
Ph.D. & LLM programmes) and any other programme where eligibility test is compulsory as per the
Terms and Conditions for Scholarship:
The Scholarship will be available in all programmes where normal LPU scholarship scheme is applicable (For
details please contact our Admission Office or the concerned dealing official mentioned at the end of this
The duly filled application form for admission (PROSPECTUS- PART C) by applicant should be submitted to the
university by last date of admissions. However it is advised that applications are submitted earlier to avoid
missing this opportunity due to filling up of seats.
Final Selections will be made subject to completion of all documentation and availability of seats in Programme for which admission is sought by candidate, subject to Terms & Conditions applicable on the date of admission.
Documents to be submitted by persons availing the scholarship under this scheme:
- Scholarship as stated above is subject to verification and authentication of the information, certificates
and other documents as required by the University.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship as stated above as well as other Scholarship / Financial aid
/monetary benefit scheme or policy of LPU, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her
- Scholarship as stated above is offered at the time of admissions only and applicant has to apply for the
same at the time of filing Application for Admissions or before the date prescribed by the University.
- Scholarship as mentioned above is applicable on programme fee as prescribed for a term/semester
under the Programme details in Part B of the Prospectus for the concerned year. The benefit of
Scholarship will not be applicable in case of fee for various other requirements/facilities like
Backlog/re-appear/Make up fee etc. as mentioned under the head 'Other Fee' in General Admission
Guidelines of Part - C of Prospectus.
- Benefit of Scholarship is for the normal duration of the Programme. However if a student takes more
than normal duration to pass the Programme, he will not be entitled for these benefits for duration in
excess of normal duration.
- If at any stage, it is found that an applicant has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information/fact(s)
which would have rendered him ineligible for admission and/or ineligible for benefit of Scholarship or
applicant has been admitted and/or Scholarship has been awarded by default by the University, then
the admission and/or Scholarship will stand cancelled.
- In addition to other terms and conditions as prescribed from time to time, only those students will be
eligible for Scholarship in subsequent terms / years:
- Against whom No Disciplinary action has been initiated or taken during their stay at LPU.
- Who has never been charged for Academic Misconduct or Use of Unfair Means in LPU.
- In case of any matter not covered here and for interpretation of any content of this proposal, the
decision of the competent authority of the University shall be final and binding on all concerned.
Final decision regarding admissibility will be taken by the University and cannot be claimed as a matter of right by any eligible applicant.
All other conditions as mentioned under the head “Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship and its different phases” will also be applicable.
- For serving personnel: Bonafide certificate from Commanding Officer of Unit currently posted to with seal and copy of ID card (mentioning the service no.)
- For ex-servicemen: Pension Pay Order, Discharge Book and Copy of ID card.
- Officers on study leave: Bonafide certificate from respective Directorate of education, Headquarters, Delhi.
to view list of programmes.