Financial Aid to Orphans
With a view to facilitate access to higher education to orphans, LPU offers a financial aid. The benefits, process of applications submission, and selection of applications pertaining to scheme are detailed below:
- Benefits under the scheme:
- Full Programme fee waiver
- Examination fee waiver
- Definitions for purpose of admissibility of this scheme
- Orphan is a child whose both parents are dead, or he/she is an abandoned child. The applicant is not legally adopted by any individual or couple or group.
- Guardian is someone who is legally appointed to look after the affairs of a young person(s) because their parents are dead.
- Seats: 20 seats are offered under the scheme in selected programmes of the university.
Programmes: Refer Annexure - B: List of Programmes for Financial aid to Orphans.
- Last date of application will be 31st October 2021. Subject to availability of the seats.
Result Declaration: For the Application received till 20th August 2021, the result has been already declared on 15th September 2021.
For the applications received after 20th August, 2021 will be processed on a first come basis. The applicant will be required to take admission within 3 working days from the date of declaration of result and in case admission is not taken within 3 days, a seat will be offered to the next applicant.
- Document Required: The applicant is required to submit following documents:
- Form-1: Application Form for Orphan Financial Aid Scheme 2021
- Death certificate of both the parents
- Income declaration form (Guardian/ Self-if employed) as per university performa. (Annexure-II: Income Declaration).
- Letter of recommendation from a government approved orphanage, where the applicant is currently residing.
- Affidavit from executive magistrate; document in case applicant is not living in government approved orphanage (Annexure-1: Affidavit from applicant for financial aid to orphans)
Note: In case of missing parent (father or mother or both), a copy of police complaint for the same or relevant document is to be submitted. Where child is abandoned and/or death certificate(s) of parents are not available, the candidate needs to submit a letter of recommendation from government approved orphanage where he/she is currently living or an affidavit from executive magistrate as mentioned above.
- Application Submission:
- Fill all the details in an application form
(Refer Form-1: Application Form for Financial aid to Orphans-2021)
- Scan all the relevant documents
- Submit the application along with applicable documents through an email to [email protected]
The subject of email must have: Application for Orphan Financial Aid – name of Applicant
- In case applicant is visiting University campus or designated offices of university in various cities, The scanned copy of application and applicable documents to be emailed at [email protected] by the university official or by applicant before due date.
- The application can be submitted before or after taking admission.
Note: The applicant should clearly mention details/ information pertaining to scheme and scanned documents must be readable.
- Selection of Applications: The applications complete in all respects will be presented before the committee for final selection.
- Criteria-1: Income of the applicant (if self-employed) and/or guardian (Lower to be preferred).
- Criteria-2: In case of tie between two or more applicants as per criteria-1, then preference shall be given to ‘percentage marks in the eligibility qualification’ of applicant (higher percentage marks will be preferred).
- Criteria-3: In case there is further a tie between two or more applicants as per criteria-1 and Criteria-2, then ‘Date of Birth’ will be considered for breaking the tie and applicant senior in age will be preferred.
Note: In case the result of previous education qualification is not available due to any reason, then criteria-3 will be applicable to all those applications.
- Result Declaration: The result of applications will be declared by 6th September, 2021.
- Intimation of Selection: The applicants will be intimated through an individual email from [email protected] The process of admission (if admission not already taken) will also be shared by an email with selected applicants for orphan financial aid and those applicants will be required to take admission before the last date of admission.
- Insufficient information or incomplete documents will make applicant ineligible and such applications will not be processed/ presented before the committee.
- Other Terms and Conditions: All other conditions as mentioned under the head “Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship, its different phases” in Part-B of Prospectus or on university website will also be applicable.
to view the Form-1: Application Form for Financial aid to Orphans-2021
to view the Annexure - B: List of Programmes for Financial aid to Orphans
to view the Annexure-1: Affidavit from applicant for financial aid to orphans
to view the (Annexure-II: Income Declaration)