LPU SCHOLARSHIPS - Scholarship and Financial Aid
Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should
not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So, the University extends
Scholarship Scheme which is an initiative by the University to cultivate the talent of students
that may be hidden due to financial constraints. Scholarship can be availed in all the
Programmes of the University, ranging from Diploma to Ph.D. Apart from the scholarship schemes
mentioned below, LPU also offers financial aid to the students belonging to underprivileged
students like orphans, persons with disability etc. or some specific groups like Wards of
Defence personnel etc.
Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the
- Merit Scholarship: Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Eligibility Qualification: (for example, on the basis of performance in10+2 for Undergraduate Programmes and graduation for PG Programmes)
- Scholarship On the basis of Semester I/Term I result for after 10th and 12th programmes: A new category of scholarship i.e. Scholarship on the basis of Term I or Semester I.
- Special Academic Scholarship for M.A. (Punjabi) and M.A. (Hindi): Scholarship equivalent to Full Programme Fee i.e. 100% Scholarship to promote and facilitate higher education in Hindi and Punjabi Languages to selected students who wish to pursue their Post Graduation in the above languages from LPU. Click to Know more in detail.
- Qualification previous to eligibility qualification: (for example on the basis of performance in 10th for Undergraduate Programmes (applicable only for Jan & March Schedule applicants) and 10+2 for PG Programmes)
- LPU’s Entrance and Scholarship Test: LPUNEST
- Certain National Level Tests (like JEE (Mains), NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT, MAT etc.)
- Scholarship based on Innovation, Startup & Entrepreneurship
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards.
- Ph.D. programmes Scholarship
- For Toppers of Centre and State Boards
- Financial Aid
- Need Based
- Defence and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependants
- For Orphan Applicants
- For Person with Certain Disability
The scholarship percentage varies programme-wise as per the following table .For each category mentioned above, 1-3 brackets of Scholarship (Bracket 1, 2, and 3) are defined. Each bracket represents specific criteria which an applicant must fulfil, for him/her to fall in that particular bracket. Criteria in bracket 1 is most strict and the conditions are relaxed in subsequent brackets and the scholarship is also reduced in each next bracket. So, the students meeting the requirement of Bracket1 (top bracket) gets the highest scholarship and those in Bracket 2 or Bracket 3 gets relatively lesser scholarship.
||Scholarship criteria (after Diploma and 10+2 programmes)
||Scholarship criteria (after graduation programmes)
|Bracket - 1
||Students scoring 95% or above marks in Semester I/ Term I result, qualifying exam or Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
||Students scoring 90% or above marks in Qualifying Exam
Students scoring 95% or above marks in Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
|Bracket - 2
||Students scoring between 90% to 94.9% marks in Semester I/ Term I result, qualifying exam or Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
||Students scoring between 80% to 89.9% marks in Qualifying Exam
Students scoring between 90% to 94.9% marks in Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
|Bracket - 3
||Students scoring between 80% to 89.9% marks in Semester I/ Term I result, qualifying exam or Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
||Students scoring between 70% to 79.9% marks in Qualifying Exam
Students scoring between 80% to 89.9% marks in Qualification previous to eligibility qualification
Admissions in LPU is done in different Phases, which are bifurcations of the Admission time period. The amount of Scholarship also depends on the Phase in which the candidate applies and/or takes Admission in the University. Phase 1 will start as early as January and continues till 25th June 2022. The amount of scholarship reduces with each passing phase.