Applications for Financial Aid to Persons with Certain Disability will be accepted from 1st January 2024 Onwards.
Financial Aid to Persons with Certain Disability
With a view to facilitate access to Higher Education to the persons with benchmark
disability and Locomotor disability caused by Spinal Cord Injury, LPU offers a
financial aid. The benefits, process of applications submission, and selection of
applications pertaining to scheme are detailed below:
- Benefits under the scheme:
- Full Programme fee waiver
- Examination fee waiver
- Definition for purpose of admissibility of this scholarship
- Person with benchmark disability means a person having
not less than 70% (Seventy percent) of a specified disability where
specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified
by the certifying authority. (excluding Deaf & Dumb
- Locomotor disability
Spinal Cord Injury-SCI) wherein a person is unable to
execute distinctive activities associated with movement of self and
objects resulting from affliction of musculoskeletal or nervous system
- Seats: Total of 25 seats are offered under the scheme in
- Residential facilities:
- Applicant will have to pay for availing any residential facilities i.e.
stay, food, and laundry etc. food and laundry charges for the attendant
- The attendant may be allowed to stay in the same hostel room without
paying additional for residential fees (No extra bedding will be
permitted in the room, but floor bedding is permissible in the room for
the attendant). For the security concern, all the attendants will be
issued one-time free turnstile gate pass by university, students will be
required to pay for re-issue of turnstile gate pass.
- Programmes: Refer Annexure-C1: List of Programmes for Financial Aid to person with certain disability (Other than Blindness) and Refer to Annexure-C2: List of Programmes for Financial Aid to person with certain disability (Blindness Only). The applications are generally accepted in all programmes, except a few programmes such as programmes governed by specific regulatory authorities with limited seats, Programmes in tie-up, programmes after doctorate (PhD and higher)
- Last Date of Application will be 31st July 2023 (Date Extended), Subject to availability of the seats.
- Document Required: The applicant is required to submit
following documents for processing:
- Form-1: Application Form for Person with certain Disability
Financial Aid Scheme 2023.
- UDID Card (Unique Disability Identity Card) is a mandatory requirement
to apply for the financial aid. Person with Disability is issued a
Disability Card by a government organization. The same can be applied
In case UDID is not available, receipt of application for the same
along with medical certificate as mentioned above may be considered.
However, copy of UDID card has to be submitted by the applicant.
- Certificate of Disability, a medical proof from competent medical
authority (Certificate issued by Chief Medical officer).
- Income declaration form is required of (Parent/ Guardian/ Self-If
employed) as per university perfoma
(Annexure-I: Income Declaration form).
- Application Submission:
- Fill all the details in an application form
(Refer Form-1: Application for Financial aid to Person with
- Scan all the relevant documents (Color scanned documents to be submitted, mobile photographs will not be accepted)
- Submit the application along with applicable documents through an email
to [email protected].
The subject of email must have: Application for PWCD Financial
Aid – name of Applicant
- In case applicant is visiting University campus or designated offices of
university in various cities, The scanned copy of application and
applicable documents to be emailed at [email protected] by
the university official or by applicant before due date.
- The application can be submitted before or after taking admission.
Note: The applicant should clearly mention details/ information
pertaining to scheme and scanned documents must be
- Selection of Applications: The applications complete in all respects will be
presented before the committee for final selection.
- Criteria-1: Percentage of disability of applicant will
considered as primary criteria for selection (Higher will be preferred)
and Economic Condition of applicant as a secondary criterion (Guardian
or Self-if employed) (Lower to be preferred).
- Criteria-2: In case of tie between two or more
applicants as per criteria-1, then preference shall be given to
‘percentage marks in the eligibility qualification’ of
applicant (higher percentage marks will be preferred).
- Criteria-3: In case there is further a tie between two
or more applicants as per criteria-1 and Criteria-2, then ‘Date of
Birth’ will be considered for breaking the tie (applicant senior
in age will be preferred).
Note: In case the result of previous education qualification is
not available due to any reason, then criteria-3 will be applicable
to all those applications.
- Result Declaration: The result of applications will be declared by 15th August 2023 (Dates Extended).
- The result of applications received till 30th June 2023 has been declared on 17th July 2023 and communicated by an email to applicants.
- The application for the remaining seats will be processed on first come basis till the last date of application or till the seats are available (whichever is earlier), The result will be declared within 7-10 working days from date of application is compete in all respects.
- Intimation of Selection: The applicants will be intimated
through an individual email from [email protected]. The process
of admission (if admission not already taken) will also be shared by an email
with selected applicants for person with certain disability financial aid and
those applicants will be required to take admission before the last date of
- Insufficient information or incomplete documents will make
applicant ineligible and such applications will not be processed/ presented
before the committee.
- Other Terms and Conditions: All other conditions as mentioned under the head “Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship, its different phases” in Part-B of Prospectus or on university website will also be applicable.
to view the
Form-1: Application for Financial aid to Person with certain disability-2023
to view the
Annexure-I: Income Declaration form
to view the
Annexure-C1: List of Programmes for Financial Aid to person with certain disability
(Other than Blindness)
to view the
Annexure-C2: List of Programmes for Financial Aid to person with certain disability