With a view to facilitate access to Higher Education to the persons with benchmark disability and Locomotor disability caused by Spinal Cord Injury. LPU offers a special scholarship scheme of Full programme fee waiver(Including Examination fee) in the programmes as per Annexure-C The scholarship will be given to a maximum of 20 students on first come basis subject to applying on or before last date of Admission.
Terms and Conditions for Full Programme Fee waiver and Other Scholarship
- Definitions for purpose of this scholarship
- Person with benchmark disability means a person with not less than Seventy percent of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. (excluding Deaf & Dumb disability)
- Locomotor disability (specially caused by Spinal Cord Injury) wherein a person is unable to execute distinctive activities associated with movement of self and objects resulting from affliction of musculoskeletal or nervous system or both.
- [Definitions above are taken by referring to THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016. The definitions here are not entirely identical to act but modified version. In case of any further clarity, the above act may be used as a referral document.]
- Scholarship scheme of Full programme fee waiver under this scholarship will be applicable to Indian applicants only.
- The student has to fulfil eligibility criteria and has to follow the admission process as mentioned in the university prospectus or website.
- Admission under this scheme will be done till the last date of admissions.
- For availing this scholarship, the student needs to submit a medical proof from competent medical authority (Certificate issued by Civil Hospital or equivalent or Higher Government authority). Unique Disability Card is must requirement for applying for the scholarship. PwDs is issued Disability Certificate through http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/pwd/searchapplication.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the student only after the verification of original documents. In case student is not able to provide the documents within the stipulated time as prescribed by the university, then scholarship will stand cancelled.
- For availing scholarship under this policy, student need to submit income certificate (Parents/Guardian/Self – If employed)
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship / Financial aid scheme as well as for any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of LPU, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- For the security concern, all the attendants will be issued one-time free turnstile gate pass by university, students will be required to pay for re-issue of turnstile gate pass.
- Scholarship as mentioned above is applicable on programme fee as prescribed for a term/ semester under the Programme details in Part B of the Prospectus for the concerned year. The benefit of Scholarship will not be applicable in case of fee for various other requirements / facilities like Backlog / re-appear / Make up fee etc. as mentioned under the head ’Other Fee’ in General Admission Guidelines of Part - C of Prospectus.
- Benefit of Scholarship is for the normal duration of the Programme. However if a student takes more than normal duration to pass the Programme, he / she will not be entitled for these benefits for duration in excess of normal duration.
- If at any stage, it is found that an student has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information / fact(s) which would have rendered him ineligible for admission and/or ineligible for benefit of Scholarship or student has been admitted and/or Scholarship has been awarded by default by the University, then the admission and/or Scholarship will stand cancelled.
In addition to other terms and conditions as prescribed from time to time, only those students will be eligible for Scholarship in subsequent terms / years:
- Against whom No Disciplinary action has been initiated or taken during their stay at LPU.
- Who has never been charged for Academic Misconduct or Use of Unfair Means in LPU
- Final Selections of student will be made subject to completion of all documentation and availability of seats in Programme for which admission is sought by student, subject to Terms & Conditions applicable on the date of admission.
- Final decision regarding admissibility will be taken by the University and cannot be claimed as a matter of right by any eligible student.
- In case of any matter not covered here and for interpretation of any content of this proposal, the terms and conditions as mentioned in prospectus are to be referred and the decision of the competent authority of the University shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- The scholarship of full fee waiver (including Examination) will be available in the selected programmes and the following committee will approve the admissibility of applicant in programmes listed in Annexure-C.
- All other conditions as mentioned under the head
“Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship and its different phases”
will also be applicable.
to view the list of programmes in Annexure-C (Person with Certain Disability) - Only Blind Disability.
to view the list of programmes in Annexure-C (Person with Certain Disability) - Except Blind Disability.