Important Information - LPU Admissions 2020
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes many arrangements have been introduced in Eligibility, Important Dates, How to Apply and Admission related process.
We understand this is a stressful time for students looking forward for their studies after completing their senior secondary or graduation. The closure of all educational institutes due to COVID-19 lockdown has resulted in exam delays and is affecting both school and college students around the world, and there is still some uncertainty about the extent of disruption before the situation gets normal.
We are closely monitoring the on-going COVID-19 pandemic situation and have taken several contingency measures in order to facilitate prospective students in joining higher studies at Lovely Professional University. The updated information related to admission process will be available on our website www.lpu.in.
You can find answers to frequently asked questions about the admission process here.
- Provisional admission can be taken by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 10,000 only.
- Flexibility to pay balance fees till 31st July 2020 to help students during these pressing times.
- Cut-off reduced from 80% to 70% in qualifying exam to support deserving students in obtaining higher education.
- Scholarship will also be offered on the basis of qualification previous to Eligibility qualification. For example, someone seeking admission in B.Tech can seek scholarship on the basis of 10+2 (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (Qualification previous to 10+2)
- New 'Covid-19 Frontline Scholarship' scheme for the wards of Doctors, Nurses, Media personnel, Police personnel, Bank employees, District Administration, Sanitation workers, Other Health care professionals and many more.Click here to know more
- Liberal refund policy, deduction of Rs. 1000 only from the programme fees till 15th August, 2020 and balance is refunded. For Post Graduate Agriculture Programmes candidate can apply for the refund on or before 15th July, 2020.
Click here to know more
- Passport size photograph of candidate and parents (Father and Mother)
- Matriculation Certificate(if applicable)
- Eligibility qualification certificate (depending on programme) including previous qualifications (Eligibility qualification may be submitted later-on in case the final result has not been declared till date)
- Gap affidavit (If applicable - Self)
- Aadhaar card of candidate and parents
- Category certificate (if applicable, for eg. if claiming eligibility relaxation on the basis of category)
- Income affidavit of parents (Self in case of Ph.D)
- Based on LPUNEST
- Based on percentage (After 10th/ 12th/ Graduation/ Lateral Entry)
- Based on qualification previous to eligibility qualification
- Based on National Level Test (JEE (Mains/ NEET/ NATA/ CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ NMAT/ GATE/ GPAT/ CLAT/ UCEED/ SPM/ JRF/ NET (LS))
- Basis on Sports/ Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Services and Bravery Awards
- Scholarship to Defence, CAPF personnel and their dependents
- Special Scholarship to Toppers of Education Boards
- Scholarship to Orphan Applicants/ Person with Certain Disability
- COVID-19 Frontline Scholarship for wards of Doctors, Nurses, Media personnel, Police personnel, Bank employees and many more.
You can also virtually visit the campus using 360o-view option on the university website. Take a Virtual Tour Now