Financial Aid – Need Based
With a view to facilitate access to higher education to persons who belong to specific category and
whose annual family income is below a certain limit, LPU offers a financial aid. The benefits, process
of applications submission, and selection of applications pertaining to scheme are detailed below:
- Objective of the Scheme: To provide financial assistance to students who need
support for pursuing their higher education and to increase attainment and enhance their
- Eligibility for Application: An applicant who belong to any of the categories
covered under the scheme i.e. Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and special categories that
includes Single Girl Child, Single Mother, Students from Minorities, Transgender, and
Non-Traditional Student. (Refer definitions for more details about the categories)
- Benefits under the scheme: The benefits of 30% scholarship on programme fee as
financial aid will be awarded to selected applicants. The details are mentioned below:
||Annual Family Income
||Benefits as Financial aid
||For Students from Economically Weaker Sections
||Equal to or less than Rs. 5,00,000/-
30% of Programme Fee
||For Special Categories
(Single Girl Child, Single mother child, Students from Minorities, Transgender, and
Equal to or Less than Rs. 8,00,000/-
- Definition for purpose of admissibility of this scheme:
- Economical Weaker Section – Any applicant whose annual family income is less
than Rs. 5 lakhs will be considered as a person from economically weaker section of the society.
- Single Girl Child – Single girl child means that the child is only a girl
child and she has no real brother or sister.
- Single Mother – Single mother means the women who looks after her child
without a husband or partner; The woman may be divorced or whose husband/partner is dead.
- Minorities – Students from Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and
Zoroastrians (Parsis) communities will be considered as they are notified minority communities
[according to the Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992].
- Transgender – means a person whose gender does not match with the gender
assigned to that person at birth and includes trans-man or trans-woman (whether or not such
person has undergone Sex Reassignment Surgery or hormone therapy or laser therapy or such other
therapy), person with intersex variations, gender queer and person having such socio-cultural
identities as kinner, hijra, aravani and jogta. [THE TRANSGENDER PERSONS (PROTECTION OF RIGHTS)
- Non-Traditional Students – An adult learner having an extended study gap
between studies i.e. 12th and under-graduation or under graduation and post-graduation; and
applicant has not joined any course in regular or distance education or other mode during that
gap period. PhD programme will not be considered the scheme.
- Study Gap: The study gap will be primary determinant factors for considering
his/her candidature for benefits under the scheme for non-traditional students. Applicants who
have minimum 5 years of study gap from last education qualification (regular/ distance/
correspondence/ online) can be considered for the undergraduate programmes (UG or UG Lateral
Entry after 10th/12th/diploma) and study gap of minimum 7 years from the undergraduate
educational qualification can be considered for post graduate programmes. First time education
with a minimum gap aforementioned will be considered, for instance if applicant enrolled for a
course (degree/ diploma/ certificate) during last 5 or 7 years and have discontinued the course
or the course is incomplete due to any reason, the applicant cannot be considered for the
benefits under the scheme.
- Annual Family Income: Consolidated annual income of all the earning members
in the family. That shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture,
business/ profession, rent or other sources for the financial year prior to the year of
application (i.e. for admission in 2021-22, the income from April 2020 to March 2021 will be
- Seats and Categories: Total of 70 seats are offered under the scheme in selected
programmes. The seats are divided into two categories, first for students belonging to the
economically weaker section and second for special categories. The details are mentioned below:
|Economically Weaker Section Category
||Person belonging to economically weaker section as per the scheme
||Single Girl Child
|Child of Single Mother
- Programmes: Refer Annexure - A: List of Programmes for Financial aid -
- Document Required: The applicant is required to submit following documents:
- Form-1: Application Form for Need Based Financial Aid-2021.
- For a single girl child an affidavit on a stamp paper of minimum Rs. 100/- is
required from parent of child; the affidavit duly signed and stamped from the executive
magistrate (Annexure-I: Affidavit from Parent of Single Girl Child).
- For Single Mother an affidavit on a stamp paper of minimum Rs. 100/- is
required from the mother of child; the affidavit duly signed and stamped from the executive
magistrate. (Annexure-II: Affidavit from Single Mother of Applicant). The death
certificate of husband or divorce certificate (whichever is applicable) is to be submitted along
- For Students belonging to Minority Community, a certificate issued by
competent authority in the state. In case of non-availability certificate an affidavit will be
required on the prescribed perfoma of the university from the student; the affidavit on the
stamp paper of minimum Rs. 100/- duly signed and stamped from the executive magistrate
(Annexure-III: Affidavit from Minority Community Applicant).
Note: The applicant is required to submit this affidavit along with an
application slip that he/she has applied for minority certificate and submit it later.
- For Transgender applicants, an identity certificate issued by competent
authority in the state. In case of non-availability of identity certificate an affidavit on a
stamp paper of minimum Rs. 100/- is required; the affidavit duly signed and stamped from the
executive magistrate (Annexure-IV: Affidavit from Transgender Applicant).
Note: The applicant is required to submit this affidavit along with an
application slip that he/she has applied for identity certificate and submit it later. Applicant
can apply for the Identity Card/Certificate from https://transgender.dosje.gov.in/
- A Gap affidavit as per university performa (Annexure-V: Gap
Affidavit) in case of non- traditional students; the form must be dully signed and
stamped by concerned Sarpanch/ Member Gram Panchayat/ Mayor/ Member Municipal Corporation.
- Income Certificate issued from a Competent Authority in the
State/UT Government is required in respect of the parent/ guardian of an applicant in all the
categories or subcategories (computerised income certificate issued by Sewa Kendra will be
preferred). The competent authority means sub-divisional officer, executive magistrate or
Note: An Income Declaration as the university perfoma will also
be required irrespective category (Annexure-VI: Income Declaration). In case,
an applicant is minor (less than 18 years), the affidavit to be countersigned by the parent/
- Application Submission:
- Fill all the details in an application form
(Refer Form-1: Application Form for Need Based Financial aid-2021)
- Scan all the relevant documents
- Submit the application along with applicable documents through an email to [email protected]
The subject of email must have: Application for Need Based Financial Aid – name of
- In case applicant is visiting University campus or designated offices of university in various
cities, The scanned copy of application and applicable documents to be emailed at [email protected] by the university official or
by applicant before due date.
- The application can be submitted before or after taking admission.
Note: The applicant should clearly mention details/ information pertaining to
scheme and scanned documents must be readable. Application(s) can be submitted in more than 1
category and he/she must apply separately by filling the application form for all the categories
along with relevant documents for the same.
- Selection of Applications: The applications complete in all respects will be
presented before the committee for final selection.
- Criteria-1: Income of the parents/ guardian/ applicant (if employed) (Lower
to be preferred) in each categories or subcategories.
- Criteria-2: In case of tie between two or more applicants as per criteria-1,
then preference shall be given to ‘percentage marks in the eligibility
qualification’ of applicant (higher percentage marks will be preferred).
- Criteria-3: In case there is further a tie between two or more applicants as
per criteria-1 and Criteria-2, then ‘Date of Birth’ will be considered for breaking
the tie and applicant senior in age will be preferred.
Note: In case the result of previous education qualification is not available
due to any reason, then criteria-3 will be applicable to all those applications.
- • For Special Categories Last date of application will be 31st October 2021, subject to availability of the seats.
The applications for EWS category are not accepted from 21st August, 2021. However, under other subcategories applications will be accepted along with document(s) till the last date of admission subject to availability of the seats.
Result Declaration: The result of Special Categories and EWS applications has been already declared on 15th September 2021 for application received till 20th August 2021. The special categories applications received after 21th August 2021 will be processed on a first come basis. The applicant will be required to take admission within 3 working days from the date of declaration of result and in case admission is not taken within 3 days, a seat will be offered to the next applicant.
- Intimation of Selection: The applicants will be intimated through an individual
email from [email protected] The process of
admission (if admission not already taken) will also be shared by an email with selected applicants
for need based financial aid and those applicants will be required to take admission before the last
date of admission.
- Insufficient information or incomplete documents will make applicant ineligible
and such applications will not be processed/ presented before the committee.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for financial aid as well as for any other monetary benefit
under any other scheme or policy of LPU, then he/ she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her
- Other Terms and Conditions: All other conditions as mentioned under the head
“Terms & Conditions for
LPU-Scholarship, its different phases” in Part-B of Prospectus or on university website
will also be applicable.
Click here to view the Form-1: Application
Form for Need Based Financial aid-2021
Click here to view the Annexure - A: List of
Programmes for Financial aid - need based
Click here to view the Annexure-I:
Affidavit from Parent of Single Girl Child
Click here to view the Annexure-II:
Affidavit from Single Mother of Applicant
Click here to view the Annexure-III:
Affidavit from Minority Community Applicant
Click here to view the Annexure-IV:
Affidavit from Transgender Applicant
Click here to view the Annexure-V: Gap
Click here to view the Annexure-VI: