1. Eligibility Requirements
Applicant needs to fulfil the following basic eligibility requirements in order to apply for Advance Standing / Migration. The application of the applicant who meets the eligibility requirements will be reviewed and verified by the University officials for further process.
Note: Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not assure admission.
2. Advanced Standing Documents
If the applicant wishes to pursue education as Advanced Standing from Lovely Professional University, Punjab, he/she will be required to submit all the documents as prescribed below:
- CLICK HERE to Download the Migration Form
- Matriculation Certificate
- Qualifying examination certificate for the applied programme (10+2 / Graduation/ Diploma, as the case may be)
- Academic Transcripts / Detailed Mark Sheet of the year(s)/ semester(s) completed in the current programme
- Detailed Syllabi of all the courses / subjects studied till date in the current programme.The academic contents of the programme in respect of the syllabus of previous years should not be materially different. The similarity/ equivalence of the syllabus will be decided by the Equivalence Committee constituted by Lovely Professional University. The Equivalence Committee may reject migration/ transfer requests or recommend the migration/ transfer requests.
- Migration Certificate from current Degree / Diploma awarding Institute / University from where migration/transfer is sought. (may be submitted later on, if not available right now)
- Character Certificate from the Head of the present Institute / University from where the applicant is migrating to the fact that no disciplinary action has been taken or pending against him/her.
- All the documents as prescribed to be submitted for admission to the programme in which migration is sought.
3. Advanced Standing Process
- The applicant will submit all the documents mentioned under the head “ Advanced Standing Documents’’ to the Division of Admissions at the University Campus, Phagwara (Punjab) or mail at [email protected].
- Applicant needs to pay the processing fee of Rs. 5,000/- during registration. The processing fee is non-refundable in all the cases, even if the admission with advanced standing of the applicant is not allowed by the University or the applicant changes his/her mind after applying for the same.
- All the relevant documents will be forwarded to the Division of Academic Affairs for equivalence and mapping of curriculum. Equivalence and approval process may take 10 to 15 working days.
- At the time of equivalence processing (mapping of curricula), applicant may be given waivers in some course(s)/ subject(s) and/or accumulate backlog course(s)/ subject(s) which applicant would be required to register in and pass for meeting the minimum requirements for the award of degree / diploma.
- After the grant of approval from the competent authority of the University, applicant will be required to deposit the following prescribed fees:
- Migration/ Transfer fee of Rs. 5,000/-
- The fee of current academic term.
Note: In case the Equivalence Committee approves the migration/ transfer request with the condition of passing one or more backlog course(s)/ subject(s), the prescribed fees for that purpose shall also be paid by student in addition to the fees as mentioned above. However, in case certain courses are waived off, no relaxation in fee for such waived off courses will be applicable.
- Scholarship is not applicable for migrating applicant.
- Migration/ Transfer cannot be claimed as a matter of right and may be refused by the University.
- Conditions of 'Promotion to Next year' and such other conditions, rules etc. as prescribed by the University will be applicable to the migrated applicant.
- No relaxation in examination rules of this University shall be permitted to migrated students.
- Conditions, if any, imposed by any regulatory body for migration/ transfer purpose, shall also be applicable.
For further clarification, you may contact us at