ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR SESSION 2018-19
For School of Law
|AUTUMN TERM (Term I)
|Start of session for Freshmen- Induction and start of classes
||M-Tu,Jul 23-31, 2018
|Commencement of classes for all continuing students
||W,Aug 01, 2018
|Last date of applying for Reappear Examination
||Th,Aug 16, 2018
|Start of Reappear Examination
||F,Aug 24, 2018 and onwards
|Mid Term Test (MTT)
||M-Sa,Sep 17-22, 2018
|Completion of Advance Registration for Elective Courses (Dept. Electives, Spl. Electives, OE & SE) for Spring Term (Term II) of Session 2018-19
||Sa,Nov 03, 2018
|*Term Break for Students
||M-Th,Nov 05-08, 2018
|Close of Autumn Term (2018-19)
||Sa,Nov 17, 2018
|**End Term Examination (ETE) including Theory and Capstone Evaluation
||M-Th,Nov 26-Dec 06, 2018
|Scrutiny of answer books by students
||Sa,Dec 15, 2018
|Commencement of Classes of Term II of Session 2018-19 for all Full time Programmes
||M,Dec 17, 2018
|Declaration of result
||W,Dec 26, 2018
*In order to make up for the loss of teaching, Su,Oct 14, 2018 shall be working in lieu of M,Nov 05, 2018.
**Detailed program and batch wise dates of examination (ETE and ETP) will be communicated separately by Division of
examination. The End Term Examination of courses like Dissertation & Projects will be scheduled as per the Guidelines released for Capstone, Dissertation and similar courses issued from time to time by the University.
Some important points:
- The dates mentioned in the calendar, especially with regard to end of Mid Term and End Term Examinations, are tentative and a variation may occur. Students are advised to plan for travel keeping into consideration an extension of at least 3 days.
- Due to any unforeseen reason, if the University remains closed, then the University may declare any Sunday as working.
- Any examination may be held on Sunday.
- If a student is not present on the date of scrutiny he/she will lose the opportunity to look at his/her answer books, however such students can apply for revaluation.
- There will be no scrutiny of reappear examination answer books; however, such students can apply for revaluation.
- The schedule of Sports/ co-curricular/ cultural events will be notified separately by the concerned Division/ School.