Important Information - LPU Admissions 2020
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes many arrangements have been introduced in Eligibility, Important Dates, How to Apply and Admission related process.
The following points will give you a quick preview of what all should be taken care of before you look forward to depart their home country:
- Ensure that you obtain visa from Indian Embassy/ High Commission.
- Also assure that you meet Medical fitness standard before you leave your country.
- Also ensure that you have taken all the required vaccinations (Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine), to avoid medical complications while you are in India(though it is not mandatory).
- If there are certain medicines that you are supposed to consume due to any medical reason prescribed by a doctor please carry them along. It is also suggested to carry the prescription of that medicine for any further reference.
- Request and register with the University International Office for the pick service from the Airport at least two weeks prior to arrival and provide the complete details of flight.
- Also ensure that you bring the letter of admission issued by the University.
- Make sure that you carry the originals, copies of your certificates/degrees and 10 passport size photographs.
- Ensure that your fee has been received by the University and you should carry the fee receipt.
- You can carry all your money in form of Travellers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks.
- Keep all the valuables, important documents (Passport, Visa papers) in the Cabin baggage, to avoid the possibility of their getting misplaced during transit.
- Keep all the contact phone numbers handy in case of need.
- Temperature ranges between 35 – 45 degree Celsius during summers and 5 – 20 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around October or November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woolens, etc) must be brought accordingly.
- Whilst everything is available in India, however try to get all that you would require during the initial few days. All the essentials can be availed from the University tuck shops.
- The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.
The following material should not be brought:
- Multimedia Mobiles
- Other Electrical Appliances