Admission- 2021 Live Video Counselling (One to One Interaction)
Interact with expert Admission Counsellors through live video counselling for career guidance to discover one's best-suited programme/ stream from 10 am to 6 pm on all working days except for Sundays.
Learn Foreign Languages@
Department of Foreign Languages (LPU)
In the age of globalization, more and more multi-nationals are having their operations in India and similarly Indian companies are setting up operations overseas. Foreign languages open many professional avenues for those who are passionate and have a flair for it.
|Programme Name (Semester 1)||Duration||Tentative Batch Timings|
|Certificate in Japanese Language||60 hours||Weekdays batch timing:
05:00 PM – 07:00 PM (Mon, Tues & Wed)
Weekend batch timing:
09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Saturdays and Sundays)
|Certificate in French Language A1||60 hours|
|Certificate in German Language A1||60 hours|
|Certificate in Spanish Language A1||60 hours|
Admission Procedure: To know the admission procedure Click on the following link
For LPU students and staff For outside campus students
- The fee of each course is Rs. 3,500/- for LPU students & staff + the cost of the books (approx. Rs. 1,000/- to be purchased separately) and is not refundable.
- For others, the fee for each course is Rs. 4,000/- + the cost of the books (approx. Rs. 1,000/- to be purchased separately) and is not refundable.
- Interpreter: It involves the conversion of conversation in Japanese to English and vice-versa.
- Translator: The profile requires the candidate to convert written documents from Japanese to English and vice-versa.
- IT and Automobile Companies: Many Japanese Companies and Indian Companies prefer candidates with Technical Knowledge along with Japanese Skills as most of their clients are Japanese.
- Work in Japan: After learning the advanced level of Japanese, the opportunities are open for candidates to work in Japan.
- Outbound Process: There are several BPOs which are dealing with Japanese Clients and they look for candidates who can provide them Language support.
- Teaching: There are opportunities for those who want to add value by teaching Japanese in Schools, Colleges, Institution and Corporate Offices.
- Hospitality Industry: Candidates can also look for their career option in several Travel Companies and Hotels and Many more.
- Translation: Medical/Literature texts, websites, official documents etc.
- Interpretation: At seminars & conferences.
- Teaching: At Schools, Universities, Institutes, Language academies and Companies
- Jobs in embassies: Foreign Embassies in India and Indian embassies abroad
- India’s foreign services: Jobs at Ministry of External Affairs
- Publishing: News, Periodicals, Books, directories etc.
- Tourism: As a tour guide/operator in India or abroad, Travel agent etc.
- Entertainment: Dubbing/Subtitles, works related to cinema, theatre, advertising etc.
- Business and marketing: international business/trade, Import/Export etc.)
- Public relations and media: Jobs with TV channels, newspapers, journals etc.
Mr. Saurav Sharma
COD, Department of Foreign Languages
Block 20 (Law Block), 202/1