Cultural diversity enriches all aspects of academic and social life in the campus and encourages approaches to teaching and learning that are both innovative and relevant to an increasingly global academic environment.
- The University is a culturally diverse community of staff and students from 28 States of India and 26 Countries.
- The University strives to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, cultural differences are heard and explored.
- At LPU, Cultural 'difference' is avoided and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are treated with equal respect.
- The University has staff and students from different states of India and different countries studying and speaking different languages; like English, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Korean and many other languages; and belonging to different religions like Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism.
- University provides a wide network for informal information exchange related to inter cultural initiatives, programmes and activities in the University community.
- Students also experience different religious festivals like: Diwali, Holi, Gurpurb, etc where they understand the traditions, faith and spirituality of a religion.
- LPU is preparing future leaders and citizens for a highly interdependent world, providing a higher education system where internationalisation promotes cultural diversity and fosters inter cultural understanding, respect and tolerance among people.
The act of drawing people together and attempting to unify their myriad cultures has created an LPU sense of "uni-versity."
|"I think that the most fascinating thing about LPU is its diversity. Even in my own class, I have classmates from not only different parts of India but infact from other countries as well. Before coming to LPU, I was a little apprehensive as to whether I would be the only overseas student in the entire campus, but on my very first visit itself I was pleasantly surprised by the diversity of the University. All my doubts and concerns were further put to rest after talking to the other overseas students who have studied and lived on campus for the past two years."
Student of Engineering
"The campus is gorgeous, the facilities are great, and the faculty is superb, but by far the best part of LPU is its diverse student community. This diversity makes the campus not only a ground to get professional education but also a place to learn different cultures."
"LPU is a great place to study and after coming to this part of the country, I learnt a lot about India's diverse culture. Every day there was a new thing for me to learn- the culture, the food, the languages and so many other things. The LPU community is warm and welcoming and any visitor quickly becomes a part of their well-knit community. The amount of learning among students is incredible, and my experience at LPU has given me a window into the vitality and energy of the people who are going to be driving one of the great economic growth stories of the 21st century."
North East Student