About LPU - Ph.D. (Written Test and Interview) 2013
LPU Ph.D (Written Test and Interview) 2013 is an eligibility test for admission to all Ph.D (Full Time and Part Time) programmes|
- Ph.D. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Ph.D. Computer Science Engineering
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering
- Ph.D. Biotechnology
- Ph.D. Microbiology
- Ph.D. Botany
- Ph.D. Zoology
- Ph.D. Mathematics
- Ph.D. Chemistry
- Ph.D. Physics
- Ph.D. Vegetable Sciences
- Ph.D. Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Ph.D. Soil Sciences
- Ph.D. Management
- Ph.D. Commerce
- Ph.D. Economics
- Ph.D. Nutrition & Dietetics
- Ph.D. Environmental Sciences
- Ph.D. Fine Arts
- Ph.D. English
- Ph.D. Performing Arts
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ph.D. Physiotherapy
- Ph.D. Education
- Ph.D. Physical Education
- Ph.D. Journalism & Mass Communication
- Ph.D. History
- Ph.D. Psychology
- Ph.D. Punjabi
- Ph.D. Computer Applications
|Last date of applying
||5th July, 2013
|Allotment of PS-ID
||On the receipt of Application
|Test Date, Time and Venue
||7th July, 2013 (Sunday)
10.00 AM to 01.00 PM
Lovely Professional University, Phagwara.
The test will be conducted at University Campus only.
||23rd July, 2013 to 26th July, 2013
|* Schedule of Test and Interview may be changed by the University, as and if required
How to Apply
For submission of Pre-Application Supplement form, refer "HOW TO APPLY – For Admissions on the basis of Written Test and Interview" in
Prospectus 2013 (Part C)
Scheme of Test
- Scheme of the test will be a judicious mix of objective and subjective questions.
- The language of the test paper shall be English only.
- Syllabus as per UGC-NET, UGC-CSIR.
||No. OF QUESTION
||50 (All Compulsory)
||1 and half hour (10.00 a.m.-11.30 a.m.)
||6 Questions (All Compulsory)
||1 and half hour (11.30 a.m.-01.00 p.m.)
Paper I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test
reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper II will consist six questions. The first five questions will be short answer of five marks each. The sixth question, with internal choice (i.e. 1 out
of 3), and will be long question worth 25 marks.
An applicant will be short listed for interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance examination. The final selection for admission in Ph.D will be based on the performance in the interview.
Exemption from Entrance Test
Applicant who qualified UGC/ CSIR(JRF) Examination/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ICAR hold Teacher Fellowship are exempted from Ph.D entrance test.
*Exemption is for written test only and applicant will have to appear for interview. Bring the original documents against which exemption sought at the time of interview.
Generation of Hall Ticket
No separate communication will be provided for the same
- A unique PS-ID would be generated against the application form completed in all respects and this PS-ID will be used for all further
communication with the University.
- The candidates will be able to download the Hall Ticket from the University website.
General Instrucations for the Applicants
- Please paste your recent passport size photograph (if not printed) on the Hall Ticket generated at the space provided.
- Each candidate is required to carry one Original ID proof (Last qualification certificate, Driving license, Voter's ID card, Ration card, Passport) while visiting the test centre for taking the test.
- Applicants will have to make their own travel and boarding arrangement for appearing in the test.
Division of Admissions,
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1), Phagwara, Punjab(India)-144411.
Phone No. +91- 1824-404447