Important Information - LPU Admissions 2020
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes many arrangements have been introduced in Eligibility, Important Dates, How to Apply and Admission related process.
- Walled campus with authorized contactless entry and exit by following the Govt norms of social distancing and sanitization.
Uni Hospital situated at the heart of the campus is fully equipped to take care of the medical needs of the staff and students and is operational 24x7 with following facilities to manage all sort of medical emergencies.
- 25 bedded hospital staffed with well qualified doctors, nurses and lab technicians.
- Full time qualified doctors including a general physician, pathologist, ophthalmologist, dentist along with a physician from traditional Ayurvedic system of medicine.
- Visiting specialists once a week for providing specialty clinics.
- Tie up with Twenty-five hospitals for referral cases requiring specialized medical intervention.
Equipped to provide various services such as handling emergencies, minor surgeries at
- 24X7 Chemist shop where medicines are available at subsidized rates.
- Qualified psychologistsavailable for counseling.
- Physiotherapy OPD available with experts for handling cardiovascular, neurological, orthopedic, sports and pediatric physiotherapy. Specialized labs have been set up including Electro diagnostic and Electro therapeutic modalities, Orthopedics and Sports Rehab, Neurological Rehab, Cardiopulmonary Rehab, and Pediatrics Rehab.
- Regular health and counseling sessions are conducted in hostels and classrooms to enhance heath awareness, personal hygiene and emotional strength by both internal and external experts. Checkup camps are regularly held for students, staff on the campus as well as in the referral hospitals.
Initiatives in Residential Facilities: To ensure the safety of students who would be residing in hostels, university has planned following initiatives:
- Regular Thermal scans for every individual entering the hostel premises.
- Respiratory Masks to be worn by everyone at the time of leaving the room.
- Sanitization of hostel rooms and other infrastructure facilities like common rooms etc. including play areas as per govt norms
- Timing of consuming food in the Hostel mess to be staggered to ensure social distancing norms.
- Option of packed food and room service is also being explored.