ADMISSIONS 2020- SPECIAL INITIATIVES DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes by offering online/remote admissions process during the COVID-19 pandemic national lockdown period, the following initiatives have been introduced:
- Eligible candidates can now take provisional admission to confirm their seat by paying a nominal fee of INR 10,000 in all programmes (except MBA Hons, and M.A (Hindi/Punjabi)).
- Flexible payment options have been introduced to help students during these pressing times. The balance payment of fee under ideal situation is expected to be paid within 10-15 days after the allotment of seat. However, looking at the current situation of uncertainty due to COVID-19, University will provide reasonable time for payment of balance fee. You may pay the balance fee in parts till 30th June 2020. In case you still face any challenge, you are advised to write to the university at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Augmenting support to deserving candidates, LPU has further expanded the scholarship bracket to even facilitate candidates scoring minimum of 70% marks in qualifying exam.. Click here to check new scholarship brackets.
- Scholarship will also be offered on the basis of qualification previous to eligibility qualification. For example, someone seeking admission in B.Tech can seek scholarship on the basis of 10+2 (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (Qualification previous to 10+2)
- LPU has introduced ‘COVID-19 FRONTLINE Scholarship scheme – A Rs. 20 crore support initiative’, to honor the selfless contribution of the Covid-19 frontline workforce (i.e. Doctors, Nurses, Paramedical staff, Civic staff, Police personnel and others as per categories listed) during the time of pandemic breakout through a special scholarship to their wards. Click here to know more.
- LPU has also initiated the conduct of remotely proctored online LPUNEST (Eligibility Exam) from home and remote video Interviews for admission.
- In case of refund, LPU has also extended its support to candidates by accepting refund applications through online mode. If any candidate applies for the refund on or before 15th August, 2020, then the amount deposited by the candidate for programme fee will be refunded after deduction of INR 1000. For Post Graduate Agriculture Programmes candidate can apply for the refund on or before 30th June, 2020. Click here to know more.