The session would be starting from 3rd week of July and we suggest that you should report as per the reporting schedule or 2 – 3 days in advance. It is strongly suggested that you should not report before your reporting schedule, in case you land too earlier than the reporting schedule, you would not be able to complete your joining process, as you would also need to complete your FRRO registration within 14 days of your arrival in India.
To know the reporting schedule, induction programme and dates for commencement of classes, Click Here
LPU welcomes you as a new member of LPU family and wishes that you should get the complete information about your University, its education system, examination system, policies, disciplines etc. right at the time of your joining. We strongly recommend that you should definitely attend the induction programme.
Click to experience the GLIMPSES OF FRESHMEN INDUCTION
At LPU, most of the students prefer to stay inside university campus and they book their rooms much earlier, therefore, we suggest that you should book your hostel/ Apartment in advance at the time of getting your Acceptance Letter. You should book room as per your preference at the earliest as we do not want that due to any delay you miss the room of your choice.
For complete details regarding rooms category, fee structure, Meal plan and laundry facility, please visit to the page International Residential facility
LPU has the largest students’ accommodation inside the campus and more than 18000 scholars are staying within the campus
- It has well furnished rooms with 24 hours’ power supply.
- Staying within the campus will save your time as well as daily transportation cost.
- You will have more time to interact with your classmates in case any query regarding your studies.
- Staying within the campus is secure as 24 hours’ security and medical facility available here.
- For more reason on why you should choose on campus accommodation, Click Here
|The following facilities are available in hostel standard rooms||The following facilities are available in apartments|
|Air Conditioner/Air Cooler in each room (as opted)||Air Conditioner in each room|
|Geyser in the attached washroom (except in dormitories) in each room||Geyser in the attached washroom in each room|
|Chair (Plastic) and Study Table||Wooden Box Bed|
|Curtains||Chair (Plastic) and Study Table|
|Pillow and Pillow cover||Pillow and Pillow cover|
You need to bring: -
- Valid Passport (Minimum Validity should be at-least for the full duration of the program)
- Letter of admission issued by the University (Should carry this in the hand luggage as will be required at the airport for the immigration purpose).
- Should carry the Yellow Fever Injection Card and Polio Drop Certification if you are travelling from Africa. (Should carry this in the hand luggage as will be required at the airport for the immigration purpose).
- Make sure that you carry the originals, copies of your certificates/degrees and 10 passport size photographs.
- Ensure that you obtain visa from Indian Embassy/ High Commission stamped on the name of Lovely Professional University.
- Residence proof issued by the government which clearly defines your address in English. In case the same is not available then please get the attested residential proof in English.
- International Medical Insurance (valid in India) for the complete duration of the program, also assures that you are medically fit to pursue the course before you leave your country.
- Ensure that your fee has been received by the University and you should carry the fee receipt and the proof of transfer.
You should have following handy:
- Offer Letter and Acceptance Letter issued by the university
- Yellow Fewer card (If travelling from Africa)
- Polio Drop certificate (If travelling from Africa)
There are five airports available around LPU and many of the international flights are available to New Delhi from most of the origin countries.
From New Delhi: - It is very convenient to travel from New Delhi to Jalandhar City and LPU campus. There are number of Bus services that ply from New Delhi airport itself to Jalandhar. Most of the buses also stop just in front of the University campus gates if driver is told in advance.
From Chandigarh / Amritsar/ Adampur / Ludhiana: - Alternatively, student can take a connecting flight from New Delhi airport to Amritsar/Chandigarh/ Adampur/ Ludhiana airport as well. There are many public and private transport options are available from these airports.
|Location||Airport Name||Distance from LPU||Travel time to campus by road (Approx.)|
|New Delhi||Indira Gandhi International Airport||370 KMs||7 Hours|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh Airport||175 KMs||3 Hours|
|Amritsar||Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International||70 KMs||2 Hours|
|Ludhiana||Ludhiana Airport||60 KMs||1 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Adampur||Adampur Civil Airport||35 KMs||45 Minutes|
We congratulate you on getting the scholarship. The scholarship is updated in the system once you complete your documents verification process at the time of your reporting at the university and it will be applicable on tuition fee (per semester) for standard duration of the programme.
You should pay your fee as mentioned in your Offer and Acceptance Letter, for the following fee components: -
- Tuition fee after scholarship (per semester)
- Admission Processing Fee (One Time Payable and Non-refundable)
- Examination Fee
- Residential Facility Fee (if opted)