Result for LPUNEST Study grant 3rd Edition
Result for LPUNEST Study grant 3rd Edition has been declared. Eligible candidates can check result for Study Grant from their LPUADMIT portal.
Lovely Professional University has a multi-layered approach towards enhancing abilities of students in terms of skills and career. Centre for Professional Enhancement provide students with multiple platforms at the level of departments and schools.
Objectives of career enhancement initiatives are to enhance students’ capabilities as per the career requirements, to create awareness and motivate to acquire add on skills other than their subject.
The vision is to provide best in class training to our students in order to become a preferred partner for employers seeking top talent across the globe.
The mission is to engage and enable our students by creating meaningful learning platforms aimed at building skills and competency in order to ensure their holistic growth.
To achieve the above referred goals following initiatives are undertaken:
- Lovely Professional University has been taking efforts to prepare the students for central and state competitive examinations as well as to get entrance into undergraduate and post graduate professional courses.
- To achieve the same on regular basis special coaching lectures, seminars, counselling sessions are organized by the experts. These inputs are largely divided into credited and non-credited inputs.
- The syllabi of credited inputs are mapped with various competitive exams like GATE, Bank- PO, UGC-NET, SSC, UPSC, CSIR – NET. Non-Credited inputs include practice tests in collaboration with AMCAT, Co-Cubes, Bulls Eye, MyPerfectice.
- Also the sessions are arranged internally with the Head of the School and experts from reputed institutions which contribute in motivating students to appear for test and help aspirants to clear their doubts.
- In order to enhance placements, inputs are designed as per company specific requirements.
- University includes Career counselling as an integral part of teaching as most of the times it is a major part of anxiety for students and they crave for expert guidance and career counselling.
- The trainings, external and internal workshops are arranged by various schools and divisions of the university in collaboration with various industry/academia leaders to help in providing roadmap to aspiring young minds of the University and provide them insights of the industry and the skills required to be successful in their future endeavours.
- To improve interpersonal skills and hone placement ability, credited and non-credited inputs of soft skills are taught in the university.
- Credit input modules target placements by concentrating on attitude reconstruction, aspiration building, presentation skills, group discussions, interview Skills, digital presentations, critical thinking, channelizing emotional intelligence and stress management.
- The non- credited inputs consist of a plethora of “out of classroom” activities like events, workshops, skills building sessions.
- Adding to these the students are also exposed to mock interviews, weekend engagements sessions focusing on the soft skill inputs with experiential learning.
- University facilitates the students who have trouble in clearing their courses, through remedial classes which are conducted before the regular exams and re-appear exams where students can clarify their doubts and take help of the subject teacher.
- These classes help students to identify the gaps and improve accordingly.
- Also, summer term classes and peer to peer learning sessions are organized to cater the needs of students.
- Furthermore inputs which are important from placement perspective are offered to students before the start of placement hiring season to enhance their employability.
- Lovely Professional University has a modern Language Laboratory with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment to aid in imparting language skills.
- University has maintained a lab equipped with up to date software of English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese etc.
- The basic purpose of the lab is to provide students a platform to enhance Language and Communication Skills.
- Lovely Professional University offer courses to bridge the gap between current level and the expected level of performance for the students after having attended Pre University-level classes.
- These courses provide adequate foundation in the core applied science subjects and language so that students do not face any difficulty once the classes commence.
- University offers courses like Remedial Mathematics to UG Students of School of Pharmacy and English Language Proficiency classes for students who come from Non–English Speaking Countries.
- Lovely Professional University has been running program, Session and Seminar on health and yoga, which help students, faculty and staff to enable them to endure the potential stress associated with life.
- Department of Physical Education run courses on Yoga Education as credited input, which provides basic knowledge and technique of yoga asanas. In addition, various School and Division of the University offer workshops, sessions and seminars on health and yoga which are open to students as well as staff from time to time.
- Yoga rooms are available for all the staff and students around the year for hosting Self-help group session, workshop etc.
- University has a multi-layered approach to address students' queries related to academic and non-academic matters. If student encounters a problem; he/she first approaches School Academic Counselor/HOD/COD/HOS at the School level.
- If the queries raised by the students are not getting resolved at school level, then it is escalated to the next level for redressal. Hence, the University ensures a proper hierarchy in addressing the queries of students while maintaining accountability of the highest order.