Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
LPU offers a special scholarship scheme of full Programme fee waiver to Top 20 Rank holders of every Recognized School Board (State, Central and Open Board provided a minimum 1000 students should have appeared in the said exam) .
The benefits of the scheme are as below:
- Full Programme Fee waiver (Including Examination Fee), and
- Free Stay in a four-seater room (Air Cooled Room) in hostel
Free Transport Facility (if residential facility is not availed)
Categorization of Ranks awarded by the Board to students
- Category-A: Where the board awards one Rank to one student only: Top 20 rank holders of that board will be considered for scholarship.
Category-B: Where board awards same rank to multiple students:
- When number students are less than or equal to 20 in the merit list then all the 20 students will be eligible for the scholarship under this scholarship scheme.
- When the number of students are more than 20 in the merit list then scholarship will be awarded to students scoring at least 97% marks and to maximum of 200 students from the list.
Example1 : There are 10 students having 98% marks and 12 students having 97 % marks then, in this case scholarship will be awarded to all 32 students of the board (up to top 20 rank holders); and maximum of 200 students will be considered from the merit list even if rank of student at serial number 200 is 10.
- When number of students are more than 20 in the merit list and no student have scored more than 97% marks, the equivalent cut-off percentage will be computed taking 100% as base as per following criteria
Equivalency Example: In case any topper has scored 95.20% marks, it will be considered equivalent to 100% and cut-off (equivalent to 97%) will be calculated as
95.2 *97/ 100= 92.32%
- Category-C: Open Board, students must have scored at least 90% marks and above conditions will be applicable as per the merit list
- Merit list types, as received from board or available at their website will be considered for providing the benefits under board topper scholarship scheme.
- Merit List-1: Overall merit list of all the subjects combined prepared by the board (This is a preferable type of merit list).
- Merit List-2: Stream wise for example Jammu and Kashmir declare stream-wise merit list separately for Science, Arts and Commerce. In such cases, Top 20 students/ Rank holders from each stream will be considered separately as per above categories (This type of merit list will be considered when above stated type of merit list is not prepared by the board or is not available; In case, where both type of merit lists are available, only Merit List-1 will be considered).
- Eligible Candidate: Student whose name is in the merit list and who is fulfilling required criteria will be eligible for scholarship under this scheme.
- Students passing out in the current year batch will be eligible for applying under the scheme (i.e . students passing out in 2021 will be considered for admission session 2021-22 and students passing out in 2022 will be considered for admission session 2022-23) ;
Note: The above point also means students passed out in previous years will not be considered eligible to applying for benefits of this scheme .
- Continuation of Benefits: The student shall maintain a CGPA of 8.00 (or 80% marks in marks-based programmes) in first year (first two semesters), 8.5 CGPA (i.e. 85% marks) in second year and 9.0 CGPA (i.e. 90% marks) in third year. In case the CGPA falls below the prescribed limit, this special scholarship will be withdrawn, and normal scholarship will be applicable in successive years as per the qualifying marks in eligibility qualification or any other criteria as normally applicable. The special scholarship (full tuition fee waiver) will not be continued again on attaining required condition in the subsequent semester(s). Result/ CGPA declared till the last date of payment of fee (without late fee) will be considered for deciding continuation of scholarship for the next term(s).
The following example will illustrate the implementation of this scholarship scheme: A student had 89% marks in 10+2 but he was topper of his state board and thus admitted with full tuition fee waiver and four- Seater (Air Cooled room) hostel. Fee for the successive terms is supposed to be paid before the end term exam of the previous term. So, the fee of the 2nd term is to be paid before the end of first term and similarly the fee of 3rd term is to be paid before the end of 2nd term and so on. So, by default the student admitted under this Scholarship scheme will not be asked to pay the fee of 2nd term as his result of 1st term will not be out by the last date of fee payment for 2nd term. So, a full scholarship offered at the time of admission will continue for the second semester. However, by the last date of payment for the fee of 3rd semester, student must have CGPA of 8.0 and in case CGPA declared till date (only result of 1st semester may be available by now) is less than 8.0, then full Scholarship of the student will be suspended and from the third term onwards student will be awarded with Scholarship of 80% - 89.99% bracket and student will also be required to pay the fee of residential fee (residence).
- Programmes: The Financial aid will be available in all the programmes as enlisted in the Annexure E: List of programmes for specific educational Boards or educational groups (The list generally covers all regular programmes, Honours programmes where parallel regular programmes doesn’t exist, a few programmes governed by specific regulatory authorities whose eligibility base is after 10th and 12th; subject to continuation of programme at the time of admission) ).
- Last Date of Application under this scheme will be till the last date of admission.
Application and Result: The applicant can applying through an email to [email protected] along with applicable documents on the first come basis. The application will be verified by the university for eligibility on considering the conditions of the scheme. The result of eligible applicant for benefits of the scheme will be communicated individual through an email within 7-10 working days from date of application.
- The eligible applicant will be required to submit an undertaking (Annexure-I: Undertaking for Continuation Conditions of Education Board Toppers Scholarship Scheme)
- Other Residential Services: Laundry and Mess plan will be optional and if opted, applicant will be having to pay for the same.
- Other Terms and Conditions: All other conditions as mentioned under the head “Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship, its different phases” in Part-B of Prospectus or on university website will also be applicable.
Click here to view the list of programme in Annexure - E (For Education Board Toppers and Specifc Educational Groups)
Click here to view the Annexure - I (For Education Board Toppers Scholarship Scheme)