Important Information - LPU Admissions 2020 Update.
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes many arrangements have been introduced in Eligibility, Important Dates, How to Apply and Admission related process.
- Foreign Nationals desirous of coming into India are required to possess a valid passport of their country and a valid Indian Visa. The only exceptions are nationals of Nepal and Bhutan who can enter India without a visa.
(Note: Nepalese nationals need a visa if entering India from China).
- To study in India it is mandatory for an international student to procure an Indian Student Visa.
- Visas can be applied for in person or by post (in certain High Commissions/Embassies, it is responsibility of the student to check with particular embassy on postal visa application) to the High Commission of India based in the country from where the candidate intends to depart for India.
- Applicant need to mention the name of the Institute while applying for the visa, which is then mentioned on the visa.
- International students taking admission at Lovely Professional University should make sure that the Student
Visa is endorsed to Lovely Professional University by the visa issuing authority.
- A request for change of university or institution subsequently made cannot be considered. In this case you would be required to go back to your home country and apply for a new visa.
- Also, if you have entered India on basis of documents provided by the University then it is your responsibility to ensure that you directly join and report to the University. The Visa endorsed on the name of the University or obtained on the basis of University documents cannot be used for any other purpose like employment , admission to any other university/college/institute/academy etc or for non-regular (distance/online) mode of education.
- After reaching the university students have to get the visa verified by the University and have to deposit a copy of the valid visa.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that throughout his/her study period student is on valid visa.
- In case the initial visa is not endorsed for the complete duration of the programme or student has to extend the stay because he/she is not able to complete the programme in the stipulated time then the student should apply for the extension of the visa before visa expires.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that visa should be applied well in advance and time. It generally takes 3-8 weeks to get the Indian Visa thus it is advisable to apply for the visa accordingly and consult the Indian High Commission/Embassy if required.
- In case a student reports to the university late because of the Visa/Tickets Availability or any other personal issue, no relaxation related to attendance or any favour for completing the assignment, submitting the missed assignments, sitting for the missed examination(s), relaxation in the marks etc. will be given.
- Students joining the university after the prescribed time period may be denied admission. In such cases the fees etc. deposited by the applicant would be forfeited and further no claim for the expense made for the travelling, visa or any other expense made or hardship suffered by the student will be entertained.
- Even, after joining the university if the student leaves the country then it is the responsibility of the student to report back at the university on time. It some cases where visa extension is required it is the responsibility of the student to ensure to get the valid visa extension on time. In case student reports to the university late because of the
Visa/Tickets Availability or any other personal issue then student will not be provided any relaxation related to attendance, extra time to complete the assignments, opportunity to submit the missed assignments, opportunity to sit for the missed examination(s), relaxation in the marks etc.
- In case student is expelled from the university or the student decides to leave the programme then an affidavit has to be submitted to the university that he/she will leave India immediately and will not use visa issued on the basis of LPU documents to stay in India.
- University may debar the student to continue attending classes or staying in the university residential facility if student does not maintain a valid visa/ FRRO or does not follow any guidelines issued by the Govt. of India/ Govt. of Punjab/University/ any other authority from time to time.
- For loss of attendance/ academics or any expenditure so occurred because of such action by the university, the student himself will be responsible and no relaxation or benefit may be provided in such cases and all expenditure has to be born by the student.
“The following questions will be helpful for getting exact answers for the pre-determined queries in your mind related to Indian Student Visa.”Disclaimer: Information provided here is based on data/information available on various public domains. It is the student’s responsibility to comply with all Visa or all other formalaties as defined by government from time to time. Thus it is advised to visit Ministry of External Affairs website for the most updated information and towards (Instead of towards it should be to avoid) any complications and hassles.