ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR SESSION 2018-19
For all Full Time Programmes offered in School of Physical Education
|AUTUMN TERM ( Term-1)
|Start of Session for Freshmen – Induction
||Th-F,Aug 9-10, 2018
|Commencement of classes for all Continuing students
||F,Aug 10, 2018
|Last date for applying for reappear examination
||Th,Aug 16, 2018
|Start of reappear examination
||F,Aug 24, 2018 and onwards
|Completion of Advance Registration for Elective courses (Dept. Electives, spl. Electives, OE & SE) for Spring Term (Term II) of Session 2018 -19
||Sa,Nov 03, 2018
|*Term Break for Students
||M-Th,Nov 05-08, 2018
|**Close of Autumn Term (2018-19)
||Sa,Dec 15, 2018
|***End Term and capstone evaluation for full time programmes
||M-Th,Dec 17, 2018-Jan 10, 2019
|Scrutiny of answer books by students
||F-Sa,Jan 11-12 and Sa,Jan 19, 2019
|Commencement of Classes (Term II, 2018-19)
||M,Jan 14, 2019
|Declaration of Result
||W,Jan 30, 2019
*In order to make up for the loss of teaching, Su,Oct 14, 2018 shall be working in lieu of M,Nov 05, 2018.
**The schedule of 3 weeks of Field Engagement/ Internship (wherever applicable) shall be announced by the concerned School with approval of Division of Academic Affairs.
***Detailed program and batch wise dates of examination (ETE and ETP) will be communicated separately by Division of Examination. The End Term Examination of courses like Dissertation & Projects will be scheduled as per the Guidelines released for Capstone, Dissertation and similar courses issued from time to time by the University.
Some important points:
- The dates mentioned in the calendar, especially with regard to end of Mid Term and End Term Examinations, are tentative and a variation may occur. Students are advised to plan for travel keeping into consideration an extension of at least 3 days.
- Due to any unforeseen reason, if the University remains closed, then the University may declare any Sunday as working.
- Any examination may be held on Sunday.
- If a student is not present on the date of scrutiny he/she will lose the opportunity to look at his/her answer books, however such students can apply for revaluation.
- There will be no scrutiny of reappear examination answer books; however, such students can apply for revaluation.
- The schedule of Sports/ co-curricular/ cultural events will be notified separately by the concerned Division/ School.