LPUNEST Study Grant Result
LPUNEST Study Grant Result is declared. Click here to check result and claim your Study Grant. The qualified applicants have to complete their verification process by visiting University Campus. (as per reporting schedule). Information related to award ceremony and reporting schedule will be updated shortly.
If you are returning to your home country, you should start making the arrangements as early as possible. Remember that in your last months in LPU, examinations or finishing other work will take up a large part of your time, so planning for your departure should begin early.
Following are some practical things to be taken care of:
To get the cheapest tickets, you have to book early, at least several weeks in advance. You can often find very cheap tickets on the Internet, on the websites of either travel companies or the airlines themselves.
Sending your belongings home
If you have been in the India for a long time, you probably have more things now that you could carry on a plane or other form of transport. Check with the travel agent or airline about weight or size limits for luggage. Paying for excess luggage on the plane can be very expensive. Sending it by ship or by rail is often cheaper, but be careful to choose a company which has a good reputation and is reliable. Check if the price includes insurance to cover any loss or breakages. If you have items you do not need or do not want to take home, such as furniture, textbooks, a computer, etc., you could sell these to other students, or in the local dealers; or give them in charity.
Notification of your departure
- Obtain a No Objection Certificate from the University. The student has to clear all his dues such as residential facility, mess charges, library dues etc. before this certificate is issued.
- The student should complete the customs’ clearance form (obtaining from the Income Tax Office) after closing his bank account.
- Obtain a written permission or ’no objection’ to leave India from FRRO in the FRRO registration booklet.
- Every foreigner who is about to depart finally from India must surrender his Certificate of Registration either to the Registration Officer of the place where he is registered or of the place from where he plans to depart or to the Immigration Officer at the Port / Check post of exit from India.
- All persons, except nationals of Bhutan and Nepal, leaving by air, road or rail have to fill in an Embarkation Card at the time of departure.
To help you in your professional life back in your home country, it can be very helpful to have references from LPU, India. At least a month before you leave, contact a few people who can comment on your abilities and your work (such as an academic supervisor or employer) and ask them for a written reference.
What else do I need to think about?
Before you came to the India, you probably expected that you would need time to get used to the language, the different foods, the weather and new ways of doing things. Many students are surprised to find that they also need a period of adjustment when they return to their home country. Although you may think that it will be easy to go back to familiar relationships and patterns of behaviour, you may have some difficulty settling back in and need time to adjust.