Important Information - LPU Admissions 2020
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes many arrangements have been introduced in Eligibility, Important Dates, How to Apply and Admission related process.
Considering the present pressing times of COVID-19 outbreak, keeping the prime focus on student health safety along with quality learning, the following initiatives are being planned:
- Blended learning approach may be used for teaching thereby ensuring safe student learning. A combination of physical classes, online live classes, MOOCs will be used to ensure effective learning for the students. University has already established tie ups with SimplyLearn, Coursera, Upgrad, Edx etc. to facilitate effective online learning. Since lockdown:
- More than 35000 hours of online classes have been held
- Live Chat sessions conducted for every class using ‘LPU Live’ app
- 2000+ MOOCs have been completed by faculty and students
- 100+ FDPs, Webinars have been conducted online for faculty
- Social Distancing will be observed in the academic blocks by taking following measures
- University official timings may be extended so that students may be called in different time slots and only 50% students are present in the academic blocks at a given point of time. Physical classroom contact hours may be staggered to support social distancing-based learning.
- Government norms regarding social distancing, wearing of masks, sanitisation will be followed.
- Evaluation norms of all the courses is also been revised. Considering the social distancing parameters and judiciousness of evaluation system in mind, a mix of continuous assessment-based evaluation, online mode of evaluation and physical evaluation for different courses in various programmes, will be undertaken.
- Commencement of classes In the interest of your safety and wellbeing, we are waiting for the government guidelines to start with the face-to-face classes. Meanwhile, to ensure that your precious time is not lost, we plan to start with live online classes from 1st week of August 2020, through inhouse developed robust platform, in collaboration with some of the best tech companies. Live online classes will be much like face-to-face classes and their effectiveness has already been well tested in the last semester wherein more than 35,000 hours of online sessions were conducted for LPU students across various academic programs. These classes will continue till physical classes are permitted by the government and we are certain that you will enjoy this experience, which has its own charm and advantages, to prepare you for the technology dominated future. The detailed schedule of induction and start of classes will be available on UMS and University website by mid of July 2020.