Admission- 2021 Live Video Counselling (One to One Interaction)
Interact with expert Admission Counsellors through live video counselling for career guidance to discover one's best-suited programme/ stream from 10 am to 6 pm on all working days except for Sundays.
Considering the present pressing times of COVID-19 outbreak, keeping the prime focus on student health safety along with quality learning, the following initiatives are being planned:
OUR PROACTIVE APPROACH: At LPU, we have always been guided by our commitment to respond to every situation in a proactive manner. Dealing with COVID-19 situation was challenging not only for us but for everyone on this universe.
However, LPU delivered on its critical commitments to facilitate effective learning for our students by training and advancing their knowledge frontier through comprehensive (360°) use of technology. We are first among few organisations in the country who immediately responded to the situation by:
- Starting new session for Batch 2020 in July/ August 2020.
- Completing 1st and 2nd semester for 2020 batch students on time in December 2020 and May 2021 respectively.
- Started Online classes:
- To ensure that the precious time of the students is not lost, we started with live online classes immediately after the announcement of lockdown in March 2020.
- Developing “LPU MyClass”, an in house robust platform, in collaboration with some of the best tech companies for online teaching and evaluation.
- Live online classes, much like face-to-face classes whose effectiveness has already been well tested in the last two semesters wherein more than 1,00,000 hours of online sessions were conducted for LPU students across various academic programs.
- These classes will continue till physical classes are permitted by the government and we are certain that you will enjoy this experience, which has its own charm and advantages, to prepare you for the technology dominated future.
- Continued our focus on holistic development of the students, conducted 1000+ cultural events, co-curricular activities community projects, Expert lectures and Conferences in the Pandemic year.
- Witnessed one of the best placement sessions even in this Pandemic by securing 7000+ offers for jobs, internships, trainings etc.
- For Batch 2021 also, we are fully equipped and prepared to start the session on time (July/ August 2021) with much more strong commitment and experience. The detailed schedule of induction and start of classes will be updated soon.
BLENDED LEARNING APPROACH may be used for teaching thereby ensuring safe student learning. A combination of physical classes, online live classes, MOOCs will be used to ensure effective learning for the students. University has already established tie ups with SimplyLearn, Coursera, Upgrad, Edx etc. to facilitate effective online learning. Since lockdown:
- More than 35000 hours of online classes have been held
- Live Chat sessions conducted for every class using ‘LPU Live’ app
- 2000+ MOOCs have been completed by faculty and students
- 100+ FDPs, Webinars have been conducted online for faculty
- EVALUATION NORMS of all the courses is also been revised. Considering the social distancing parameters and judiciousness of evaluation system in mind, a mix of continuous assessment-based evaluation, online mode of evaluation and physical evaluation for different courses in various programmes, will be undertaken.