Study abroad with LPU international partner. You can now fulfill your dreams to study abroad with LPU's unique international blending programs.
100% of students who aspired to go have availed the study abroad opportunities in LPU.

Image Image

Transfer to International Partner Universities

As an internationally connected university, we not only offer semester exchange programs but also a number of planned transfer and articulation pathways for students who wish to complete their studies elsewhere in the world. LPU articulation partners comprise highly ranked and globally well-known universities in countries such as Canada, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, France and many other countries in Europe.

These programs are specifically very relevant to those who have a foreign degree in mind but often, financial constraints and other concerns of the family to go abroad at such a young age have put the coveted dream on hold.

The International transfer is done through very careful mapping of courses so that credits earned at LPU can be transferred to the host University. LPU gets the international transfer to assure that courses completed at LPU will not have to be repeated at the Partnering University accepting the transferred student. In such a case student gets the final degree from the Partner University.

Some of the key features of this program include:

  • The student begins his/her studies at the LPU and transfer to partner university generally after spending 2 years at LPU.
  • Upon successful fulfilment of degree requirement at partner/receiving University, the student will be awarded degree by the host international University.
  • With articulation agreements with the Universities from around the globe and with this number increasing each year, LPU offers a wide range of Universities in foreign countries to the students to choose from.
  • Division of International Affairs (DIA) will be dedicatedly assisting and advising the prospective students of this program in completion of various requirements and to ensure seamless academic transfer to partner/receiving University.

Bachelor’s from a Top University Abroad

Take International transfer to a University Abroad, if you start with LPU
Year 1 and Year 2 at LPU
Year 3 and Year 4 at a Foreign Partner University
Final Degree from the Foreign Partner University

Why LPU International Credit Transfer

International Degree
Global Employment

Benefits of International Credit Transfer Programme

Start with a top Indian University and finish with an International Degree
The student begins the academic career with a top Indian University, LPU, and earns final degree from International University.
Economical and Cost-effective
Since the student will be studying part of degree at LPU and remaining part at the Partner/Receiving University hence, compared to conventional method of studying abroad, the international credit transfer option is extremely cost-efficient way of earning foreign University degree. Generally, student is able to save up to 50% of the fees as compared to standard process.
Testing Exemptions
A student of LPU, in most cases you will not be required to undergo additional tests like GRE, and SAT to secure credit transfer to any of partner Universities. This is subjective to the requirements of the partner Universities and the exemption/conditions may change in future.
Choosing Right Program and University
Specialized and highly experienced staff at Division of International Affairs (DIA) ensures to provide right kind of counselling and support to the students to choose program and University which will make them globally employable.
Settle Abroad/Permanent Residency
You may become eligible for taking a permanent residency abroad and settle abroad if you meet the eligibility criteria of the country
Fund your study by working:
You may be able to work while studying and fund your studies.
Go abroad at more mature age
Studying abroad means that you will have to live independently in a foreign country. Through, LPU international Credit transfer program you will be entering in a more mature age to a foreign university & country. The first two years at LPU will give you strong foundation to handle independence.
Highly Paid International Jobs
Successful completion of degree at Partner/Receiving University will allow students to secure work permits and highly paid jobs abroad which will not only help them to cover up the cost of their education but also achieve their dreams jobs with international employers.


Minimum Eligibility Conditions and Applicable Fee

In order to be eligible for consideration under this option, the student must fulfil following conditions:

The student already studying in LPU must have CGPA of 6.5 and above with no backlogs, re-appears and indiscipline proceedings (pending/action taken) against him/her*.
Students currently in the first year of Master’s degree programme will be required to have 65% aggregate marks in their previous qualifying degree.
In case the Partner/Receiving University decides to put in strict/higher conditions with respect to CGPA or aggregate percentage marks, then the same shall be applicable.
In case of 2+2 International Credit Transfer Option, Rs. 1,50,000 International Credit Transfer Option Fee (one time) to be paid in two parts, i.e. Rs. 50,000 along with Programme Fee of 1st Semester and Rs. 1,00,000 to be paid along with Programme Fee of 3rd Semester.
In case of 1+1 International Credit Transfer Option Rs. 1,50,000 International Credit Transfer Option Fee (one time) to be paid in two parts, i.e. Rs. 50,000 along with Programme Fee of 1st Semester and Rs. 1,00,000 to be paid along with Programme Fee of 2nd Semester.
Although the Credit Transfer process will start well in advance but the student will be allowed to proceed to Partner/Receiving University only after completion of at least one year at LPU in case of post-graduate program and after two years in case of Bachelor’s degree.

Timelines and Processing

All those students who meet the eligibility criteria as specified above will be able to apply online through UMS for the Credit Transfer Option. The timelines and processing of student request application will happen as follows:

Stage 1: Admission
Stage 2: Country and University Selection
Stage 3: Counselling
Stage 4: Submit Application to Foreign Partner University
Stage 5: Acceptance from the Foreign Partner University
Stage6: Apply for the Visa

Universities Available For International Credit Transfer

  • California State University, San Bernardino
  • Northern Arizona University
  • San Francisco State University
  • Northern Illinois University
  • University of North Alabama
  • The Governors of the University of Lethbridge
  • Brock University
  • Cape Breton University
  • Trent University
  • South Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
  • Laurentian University
  • University of Newcastle
  • Curtin University
  • James Cook University
  • La Trobe University
  • Swinburne University of Technology
  • Deakin University
  • University of Technology
  • Heriot-Watt University
  • University of Huddersfield
  • University of Greenwich
  • Nottingham Trent University
  • Massey University
  • Victoria University of Wellington
  • Lincoln University
  • University of Architecture, Civil Engineering & Geodesy
  • Vytautas Magnus University
  • University of Nantes

Students Studying Abroad Under International Credit Transfer

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the academic eligibility requirements?

The students should have good academic score in the first two years of their study. Minimum 6.5 CGPA with no backlogs and re-appears.

Are there any other Requisites and Conditions that need to be fulfilled?

Yes, students need to fulfil certain requisites and conditions. Click to know more.

Is English Proficiency test required?

English Proficiency test would be subjective to the University & Country you are applying to. Generally, The required score is 6.5 bands, not less than 6 in each module in IELTS. In some cases, partner Universities waive off the IELTS requirement. It is entirely a subjective exemption.

Is the SAT required for admission to foreign university for the undergraduate courses?

SAT is not required for the admission in the undergraduate courses at the foreign university when a student is taking international transfer through LPU.

Is GMAT/GRE required for getting international transfer to Foreign University in Masters?

These are the host foreign university requirements and would vary as per the course, program and country.

Are there any charges involved in the International transfer?

The student has to pay the tuition fee of the overseas host university along with the visa application charges, travel expenses and the living expenses while studying at overseas host university.

When and how can I apply for an education loan?

You can apply for an education loan once you have a conditional offer letter from the partner university. The conditional offer letter is a document that you can provide as a supporting document to the bank while applying for Education loan.

What is a Conditional offer letter?

Conditional offer letter is the letter issued by the overseas host university offering admission to a student subject to conditions to fulfil. The conditions are mentioned on the letter and student has to fulfil those conditions in order to get an acceptance or unconditional offer letter to apply for a visa.

When can I apply for a visa?

You can apply for visa once you receive the unconditional offer letter and have all the necessary documentation in place, as required by the visa issuing authority of the host country.

What is an unconditional offer letter?

Unconditional offer letter is the final letter issued by the overseas host university when the student has met all the admission criteria of the overseas host university.

Would University be applying for the visa on my behalf?

You would directly apply for the visa once you have procured the necessary documents. The Division of International Affairs at LPU would only help in procuring relevant documents pertaining to LPU to apply for visa.

Can I go to the university which is not mentioned in the list provided on the website?

In very exceptional cases you may be allowed to apply to the university which is not mentioned in the list. You should contact the Division of International Affairs with this kind of request.

What kind of visa would I get?

The student would get a student visa. For instance, in USA the student will get F1 visa, In Canada the student will get S-1 visa, In UK the student will get Tier 4 visa, In Australia the student will get student (Subclass 500) visa.

Can I do a part time job while studying at Foreign University?

It will depend upon the rules and regulations of the country where you are going. Generally, you would be allowed to work on a student visa as per the law of the land. In most situations, the student can work 20 hours per week during the duration of their study.

Is visa guaranteed?

Visa is issued by the Embassy of the particular country after all the procedures are duly followed by the candidate. Thus, a successful visa is conditional to the visa granting authority and depends on the documents which are being presented by you at the time of the visa application.

Can I go to the university which is not mentioned in the list provided on the website?

International transfer is not allowed to the university which is not mentioned on the website. A request by the student can be considered if the student is taking transfer to an Ivy League/ top ranked university

What happens if I do not meet LPU’s eligibility criteria to take international transfer during the first two years of study at LPU?

We will give you a choice to improve your grades in order to transfer to a foreign university or you can continue here at LPU and complete the degree.