LPU offers special scholarship scheme of full tuition fee waiver to top 20 students of every recognized school board (State, Central and Open Board provided minimum 1000 students should have appeared in the said exam). The scholarship scheme is as below:
- Full Tuition Fee waiver, and
- Free Stay in four seater room (Air Cooled Room) in Residential Facility
Free Transport Facility.
Terms and Conditions: -
- In case of open board, students must have scored at least 90% marks.
- In case the board is giving same rank to multiple students.
- Scholarship will be given to all students subject to scoring at least 97% marks e.g. There are 10 students having same marks and board is giving them same rank (rank 10) in that case scholarship will be given to all 10 students (up to top 20 rank holders) if they are having at least 97% marks even if there are 50 students above this rank.
- If for a board, no student is scoring more than 97% marks, the equivalent percentage marks can be computed taking 100% as base. The method is as follows: -
In case any board Rank-1 holder has 95.20% marks, it will be considered equivalent to 100% and cut-off will be calculated as
(95.2 * 97)/100 = 92.32 %.
- The condition of 97% (in case of multiple student having same rank) will apply only if the number of students becoming eligible for scholarship exceeds 20 i.e. if the board is giving some rank to multiple students and the students scoring 97% or more marks are less than 20 than all top 20 students will be eligible for the above scholarship (All students scoring same marks as at 20th Sr. No. will be considered).
- Stream wise or overall merit list, as received from board or available at their website will be considered for providing the benefits under board topper scholarship scheme. For example, last year:
Scholarship will be provided to all the students fulfilling required criteria and whose name will be appearing in any of the merit lists i.e. Stream wise or overall merit list.
- Some boards (e.g. Punjab board) have provided only overall merit list.
- Some boards (e.g. J&K Board) have provided only the stream wise merit list.
- Some boards (e.g. Meghalaya Board) have provided both overall merit list and stream wise merit list. The Meghalaya board had also sent the scholarship policy to all the merit holder stream wise, which was a positive sign in spreading awareness about the scholarship scheme.
- The student shall maintain a CGPA of 8.00 (or 72% marks in marks based programmes) in first year (first two semesters), 8.5 CGPA (i.e. 76.5% marks) in second year and 9.0 CGPA (i.e. 81% marks) in third year. In case the CGPA falls below the prescribed limit, the special scholarship will be withdrawn and normal scholarship will be applicable in successive years as per the qualifying marks in eligibility qualification or any other criteria as normally applicable. The special scholarship (full tuition fee waiver) will not be continued again on attaining required condition in the subsequent semester(s). Result / CGPA declared till the last date of payment of fee (without late fee) will be considered for deciding continuation of scholarship for the next term(s).
The following example will illustrate the implementation of this scholarship scheme
A student had 89% marks in 10+2 but he was topper of his state board and thus admitted with full tuition fee waiver and four Seater (Air Cooled room) residential facility. Fee for the successive terms is supposed to be paid before the end term exam of previous term. So fee of 2nd term is paid before the end of first term and similarly fee of 3rd term is paid before the end of 2nd term and so on. So by default the student admitted under this Scholarship scheme will not be asked to pay the fee of 2nd term as his result of 1st term will not be out by the last date of fee payment for 2nd term. So full scholarship offered at the time of admission will continue for second semester. However, by the last date of payment for the fee of 3rd semester, student must have CGPA of 8.0 and in case CGPA declared till date (only result of 1st semester may be available by now) is less than 8.0, Then full Scholarship of the student will be suspended and from the third term onwards student will be awarded with Scholarship of 80% - 90% bracket and student will also be required to pay the fee of residential fee (residence).
- Student should never be put under any disciplinary probation (UMC, Suspension due to any reason etc.). The special scholarship will be withdrawn and student will be treated at par with normal students.
- Laundry and meal plan will be optional and if opted, student will have to pay for the same.
- It will be responsibility of the student to provide the necessary documents for authenticating his / her top position in the concerned board / university.
- All other conditions as mentioned under the head “Terms & Conditions for LPU-Scholarship, its different phases and EDB” will also be applicable.