ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR SESSION 2017-18
(For all Full Time Programmes except Education, Physical Education, B.Pharmacy, M.Pharmacy, M.Sc (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), BPT, MPT and ICAR governed programmes)
|AUTUMN TERM (Term I)
|Start of session for Freshmen- Induction and start of classes
||F-F, Jul 21-Aug 04, 2017
|Start of session for Freshmen – Induction and classes for MBA (Honours) Pre Term
||Tu-F, Jul 25-Aug 04, 2017
|Commencement of classes for all continuing students of LSAD
||Tu, Aug 01, 2017
|Evaluation of Summer Term Training for continuing Engineering students and students of School of Business (wherever such training is applicable)
||Th-Sa, Aug 03-05, 2017
|Commencement of classes for all continuing students (As per Reporting Schedule uploaded on UMS)
||M-Tu, Aug 07-08, 2017
|Last date of applying for Reappear Examination for immediate previous even term courses*
||M, Aug 21, 2017
|Announcement of Reappear Examination schedule for immediate previous even term courses
||M, Aug 28, 2017
|Mid Term Test (MTT)
||Th-Sa, Sep 28-Oct 07, 2017
|Term Break for Students
||W-Su, Oct 18-22, 2017
|Completion of Advance Registration for Elective Courses (Dept. Electives, Spl. Electives, OE & SE) for Spring Term (Term II) of Session 2017-18
||Th, Nov 16, 2017
|Close of Autumn Term (2017-18)
||Th, Dec 07, 2017
|Preparatory Leave for ETE for all programmes
||F, Dec 08, 2017
|# End Term Examination** (ETE) including Theory and Capstone Evaluation for all Regular Programmes except LSAD Programmes
||Sa-F, Dec 09-29, 2017
|Out-of-Class Study Tours (Mandatory) for LSAD programmes except all part time programmes of LSAD
||W-F, Dec 20-29, 2017
|Winter Vacation for students
||Sa-Tu, Dec 30, 2017 – Jan 09, 2018
|Scrutiny of answer books by students
||W-Th, Jan 10-11, 2018
|Commencement of Classes of Term II of Session 2017-18 for all Regular Programmes
||F, Jan 12, 2018
# End Term Examinations (ETE)
|End Term Examination** (ETE) for LSAD
||Sa-Tu, Dec 09-19, 2017
*Immediate previous even term courses would mean:
For a 2010 batch student (who took admission in 2010) it would mean courses of term 14
For a 2011 batch student it would mean courses of term 12
For a 2012 batch student it would mean courses of term 10
For a 2013 batch student it would mean courses of term 8
For a 2014 batch student it would mean courses of term 6
For a 2015 batch student it would mean courses of term 4
For a 2016 batch student it would mean courses of term 2
**The End Term Examination of courses like Dissertation & Projects will be scheduled as per the Guidelines released for Capstone, Dissertation and similar courses issued from time to time by the University.
Some important points:
- The dates mentioned in the calendar, especially with regard to end of Mid Term and End Term Examinations, are tentative and a variation may occur. Students are advised to plan for travel keeping into consideration an extension of at least 3 days.
- Due to any unforeseen reason, if the University remains closed, then the University may declare any Sunday as working.
- Any examination may be held on Sunday.
- If a student is not present on the date of scrutiny he/she will lose the opportunity to look at his/her answer books, however such students can apply for revaluation.
- There will be no scrutiny of reappear examination answer books; however such students can apply for revaluation.
- The schedule of Sports/ co-curricular/ cultural events will be notified separately by the concerned Division/ School.
- The University shall remain closed on Sa, Oct 21, 2017. In lieu of the holiday Su, Oct 08, 2017 shall be working.
Some important points:
- Annual Conference (Sanidhya): F-Sa, Dec 22-23, 2017.
- Winter Vacation for Faculty members: Su-Th, Dec 31, 2017 - Jan 04, 2018.