To award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest calibre from around the world, the University offers a number of international scholarships. The scholarship is applicable only on the tuition fee. Details of the scholarships are as follows.
SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS 2016-17
* International applicants are eligible for two types of Scholarship schemes as mentioned below.
Time Based Scholarship
- Students taking admission on or before 31st August, 2016 are eligible for 30% waiver in tuition fee.
- Scholarship Condition:- In order to be benefited under this scholarship scheme, an international applicant has to take admission and submit provisional registration fee for admission as mentioned in offer letter by 31st August, 2016.
Marks Based Scholarship for B.Tech Admissions
Note: For Bhutan Last date for 30% Scholarship is 5th August, 2016 and for 50% Scholarship is 5th July, 2016.
- Students having 65% or more marks in their qualifying exam and are taking admission on or before 31st August, 2016 are eligible for 50% scholarship waiver in tuition fee.
- Scholarship Condition:- In order to be benefited under this scholarship scheme, an international applicant has to take admission and submit provisional registration fee for admission as mentioned in offer letter by 31st August, 2016. This scholarship is only applicable for B.Tech admissions
Terms and Condition for the Scholarship
- Grant of Scholarship is subject to verification and
authentication of the information, certificates and other
documents as required by the University.
- Percentage in the Qualifying examination represents
percentage of aggregate marks and for the purpose of
calculation of aggregate marks, in addition to the marks
obtained in the subjects considered essential by awarding
board / university for passing the examination, marks
obtained in other subject(s) as and if prescribed under the
respective eligibility criteria of LPU will also be taken into
account. If student is not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria
as per the criteria mentioned above, then all the subjects
registered for the purpose of qualifying exam may be
considered for calculating aggregate marks for Admissions
only not for the purpose of scholarship.
- Unless otherwise specifically decided by the University,
Scholarship can be opted at the time of filing application for
admission but not after the last date of Admissions for the
concerned programme. In case student has not opted for
Scholarship within the stipulated time period claim for the
Scholarship cannot be made at later stage.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship scheme as
well as for any other monetary benefit under any other
scheme or policy of LPU, then he / she has to opt for only
one scheme of his/her choice.
- In addition to LPU Scholarship,, If a student gets
scholarship from a Government / NGO / any other
organization, then LPU Scholarship will be restricted to
amount obtained by subtracting scholarship received from
Government / NGO / any other organization from total
applicable fees (including charges for Residential/
Transport/Food Facility, If any subject to maximum for a year
for Non-AC three seater residential facility).
- If a student earlier admitted for a programme under
scholarship scheme, later on applies for programme
transfer; he will not be entitled for the scholarship for the
changed programme in case last date of Scholarship
scheme, for that changed programme, is expired.
- Scholarship scheme is applicable only on annual Tuition fee
as prescribed in International Booklet 2016 and Prospectus
2016 and does not include fee for various other
requirements / facilities like Backlog / re-appear / Make up