Joining Related FAQs
You need to bring:-
- Valid Passport (Minimum Validity should be at-least for the full duration of the program)
- Letter of admission issued by the University (Should carry this in the hand luggage as will be required at the airport for the immigration purpose).
- Should carry the Yellow Fever Injection Card and Polio Drop Certification if you are travelling from Africa. (Should carry this in the hand luggage as will be required at the airport for the immigration purpose).
- Make sure that you carry the originals, copies of your certificates/degrees and 10 passport size photographs.
- Ensure that you obtain visa from Indian Embassy/ High Commission stamped on the name of Lovely Professional University.
- Residence proof issued by the government which clearly defines your address in English. In case the same is not available then please get the attested residential proof in English.
- International Medical Insurance (valid in India) for the complete duration of the program, also assures that you are medically fit to pursue the course before you leave your country.
- Ensure that your fee has been received by the University and you should carry the fee receipt and the proof of transfer.
You should have following handy:
- Offer Letter and Acceptance Letter issued by the university
- Yellow Fewer card (If travelling from Africa)
- Polio Drop certificate (If travelling from Africa)
No, every student has to arrange this by him/her self.
University has a full-fledged shopping mall in the university campus itself and you can purchase most of the products on the campus itself
Temperature in Jalandhar/Phagwara ranges between 35 – 45 degree Celsius during summers and 5 – 20 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around October or November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woollen, warm clothes etc) must be brought accordingly.
Around LPU there are three airports and many of the international flights are available to New Delhi from most of the countries. It is very convenient to travel from New Delhi to Jalandhar City and LPU campus. There are number of Bus services that ply from New Delhi airport itself to Jalandhar. Most of the buses also stop just in front of the University campus gates if driver is told in advance. Alternatively, student can take a connecting flight from New Delhi airport to Amritsar/Chandigarh airport as well. From both airports there are many public and private transport options are available.
|Location||Airport Name||Distance from LPU||Approx Travel time to campus by road|
|New Delhi||Indira Gandhi International Airport||370 KMs||6 Hours|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh Airport||175 KMs||3 Hours|
|Amritsar||Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport||70 KMs||2 Hours|
Yes there is a complimentary pick up facility during only the first time of travel and this is available on the selected days and time. To know more about it, visit the following link. http://goo.gl/forms/mUFLQ6Ja1D
Generally it is not allowed that they would be allowed to come along in the complimentary pick up service but if there are some extra seats available then they may be accommodated.
Yes, you can choose from many Public and Private transportation and following is the approx. cost for the same.
|From||To||Mode of travel||Approx Charges (INR)|
|New Delhi Airport||LPU - Main Gate||TAXI||8000|
|VOLVO Bus||Per ticket 1900 to 3000|
|Amritsar Airport||LPU - Main Gate||TAXI||4000|
|Chandigarh Airport||LPU - Main Gate||TAXI||5500|
Reporting Schedule at LPU is program wise , however it generally starts on First Week of August 2015. You may please visit LPU website under the induction head for updates.
Yes, there is induction program for new students; student may read the schedule of induction from their reporting schedule. You may please visit LPU website for updates.
Yes, International Student Induction/Orientation helps students with their transition to LPU, and all newly admitted international students are required to attend at the beginning of each academic term. For the academic session and induction/orientation program schedule do check the website www.lpu.in
Yes it is strongly advisable to get your medical insurance for the complete duration of the program.
We advise you to take accommodation with in the University for the following reasons:-
- It has well furnished rooms with 24 hours power supply.
- Staying within the campus will save your time as well as daily transportation cost.
- You will have more time to interact with your classmates in case any query regarding your studies.
- Staying within the campus is secure as 24 hours security and medical facility available here.
In India the currency being used is Indian National Rupee (INR). You can carry all your money in form of Travellers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks. Money Exchange is also available here with in the campus. If you want to bring some cash then please bring in the USD or Euros as these are
Yes, there are close to 50 ATMS within in the university campus and almost all of them accept the VISA, MasterCard and Maestro powered cards. Though there are regulation to withdraw amount up to certain limit only on daily basis.
Yes, it is advisable that before you are out of the airport you should get some money exchanged at the airport to Indian currency. Not every shop in India or taxi service will accept credit/debit cards thus you should have some India currency on you as you leave the airport.
Yes, LPU strongly advises that all the payment should be paid online and the details for the online payment to the university accounts are following:
Bank Account Details:
Bank Account Details:
|To||Intermediary Bank Name:||Bank of New York,
No 1, Wall Street, New York, N.Y.10015
|For credit to||Account No:||8900517794|
|For credit of||Swif Code||KKBKINBBCPC|
|Bank’s Name||Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd|
|Account Name:||LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY|
|Bank’s Name||Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd|
|Bank’s Address||UGF, Milap Tower, G.T Road, Phagwara, Punjab. 144401|
Except for the few programs like in Hotel management, airlines and few other selected programs there are no uniforms. Yes, it is expected that all student should wear the decent clothes while you are in the university campus.