ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR SESSION 2017-18
For all Full Time Programmes offered in School of Physical Education
|Start of Session for Freshmen – Induction
||M-Th, Aug 7-10, 2017
|Commencement of classes for all Continuing students
||Th, Aug 10, 2017
|#Last date for applying for reappear examination for immediate previous even term courses
||M, Aug 21, 2017
|Announcement of reappear examination schedule for immediate previous even term courses
||M, Aug 28, 2017
|Term Break for Students
||W-Su, Oct 18-22, 2017
|Completion of Advance Registration for Elective courses (Dept. Electives, spl. Electives, OE & SE) for Spring Term (Term II) of Session 2017-18
||Th, Nov 16, 2017
|*Close of Autumn Term (2017-18)
||F, Dec 15, 2017
|Preparatory Leave for ETE
||Sa-Su, Dec 16-17, 2017
|**End Term Examination (ETE) including Theory and Capstone Evaluation (Wherever applicable)
||M-F, Dec 18-29, 2017
|Winter Vacation for students
||Sa-Tu, Dec 30, 2017– Jan 09, 2018
|Scrutiny of answer books by students
||Th, Jan 11, 2018
|Commencement of Classes (Term II, 2017-18)
||F, Jan 12, 2018
# Immediate previous even term courses would mean:
For a 2012 batch student (who took admission in 2012) it would mean courses of term 10
For a 2013 batch student it would mean courses of term 8
For a 2014 batch student it would mean courses of term 6
For a 2015 batch student it would mean courses of term 4
For a 2016 batch student it would mean courses of term 2
* The schedule of 3 weeks of Field Engagement/ Internship (wherever applicable) shall be announced by the concerned School with approval of Division of Academic Affairs.
**The End Term Examination of courses like Dissertation & Projects will be scheduled as per the Guidelines released for Capstone, Dissertation and similar courses issued from time to time by the University.
Some important points:
- The dates mentioned in the calendar, especially with regard to end of Mid Term and End Term Examinations, are tentative and a variation may occur. Students are advised to plan for travel keeping into consideration an extension of at least 3 days.
- Due to any unforeseen reason, if the University remains closed, then the University may declare any Sunday as working.
- Any examination may be held on Sunday.
- If a student is not present on the date of scrutiny he/she will lose the opportunity to look at his/her answer books, however such students can apply for revaluation.
- There will be no scrutiny of reappear examination answer books; however such students can apply for revaluation.
- The schedule of Sports/ co-curricular/ cultural events will be notified separately by the concerned Division/ School.
- The University shall remain closed on Sa, Oct 21, 2017. In lieu of the holiday Su, Oct 08, 2017 shall be working.
For Faculty and Staff:
- Annual Conference (Sanidhya): F-Sa, Dec 22-23, 2017.
- Winter Vacation for Faculty members: Su-Th, Dec 31, 2016 - Jan 04, 2018.