Below are the residential facilities available depending on the room pattern/ category allotted:
- Separate residential facility for boys and girls within the campus
- Standard rooms as well as APARTMENTS
- Quality Laundry Services are available in the University Campus at 2500 for academic session.(compulsory)
- Rooms with attached washroom, bed (without mattress), table, chair, and almirahs except in certain dormitory rooms.
- Air cooler / Air Conditioner facility in each room (as opted). Arrangement for power supply through dedicated 24 hours hotlines
- Geyser in each room to provide hot water in winters (scheduled timings) for two hours per room every day or as decided by the university.
- Free internet connectivity through Wi-Fi system for scheduled timing for academic purposes only and subject to conditions.
- In campus Hospital with ambulance to provide medical assistance to students
- Power backup for light load only (not for AC/Geyser/Air cooler).
- Mess facility with vegetarian meals only.
- Parking two wheeler/car facility at designated places only (optional on payment basis).
- Gymnasium (optional on payment basis)
Life @ Residential Facilities provided by LPU
Events and Activities
To make the stay of the students a pleasant one, they are constantly involved by organizing various celebrations, events and activities likes cultural activities, sports, debates and declamations.
Various competitions are organized where students from different residential inns compete with each other. Apart from this, various clubs and forums work inside the residential facilities providing the students opportunities to develop certain skills in their fields of interest and inculcating in them a sense of regular practice and discipline.
In addition, the residential facilities also have counsellors who are there to solve the problems of students in context of family issues, studies, home sickness etc. These counsellors, who provide ready tips on how to tackle these everyday stressful situations, are regarded as best friends by the students. Also for counseling and psychological support, the university offers on campus Counselling and Psychological Support Services.
Click here to view more details of Counselling and Psychological Support Services.
Safety and Security
The university ensures the safety and security of the students in the hostels through a dedicated team of security officers and personnel. There are security guards who take care that proper decorum is maintained in the campus and assist the students in case of any emergency. Also 1000+ CCTVs have been installed in the campus for continuous surveillance.
The Residential facilities have various Committees, each looking after separate and individual issues. The Committees smoothen the functioning as well as ensure active participation of the students as they are delegated authority through these Committees.
Following are the Committees that are functional in the residential facilities:
- Cultural and Entertainment Committee
- Sports Committee
- Discipline, Security and Anti Ragging Committee
- Medical and Safety Committee
- Mess Committee
- Academics and Grievance Committee
- These committees comprise of students who work for one common goal of unconstrained operations.
|Seating/ Apartment Category
||Fee Structure (in
||Free Electricity unit per seat per session
|Allotment in Apartment with 2/3/4 rooms
||4 seater (shared apartment)
|3 seater (shared apartment)
|2 seater (shared apartment)
|1 seater (shared apartment)
|Allotment in One Room Apartment
||3 seater (independent apartment)
|2 seater (independent apartment)
|1 seater (independent apartment)
Note: If a student has opted for 4 seater and due to any reason he/ she leaves 4 seater in between or opts for 3 seater/ 2 seater/ 1 seater then the entitled units will be distributed amongst the students staying there. For example, in 4 seater if 3 students are staying then they will be entitled for 375*3= 1125 units and excess units will be divided amongst the students and will be paid by them accordingly.
Residential Facility Fee
*Allocation of exact Dormitory Room (with/ without attached washroom) will be done at the time of joining/ reporting at the university only.
|Fee for Residential facility for Academic session 2015-2016
) (For Boys)
) (For Girls)
|Free Electricity units per seat per session
Why Residential Facility at University campus is preferred to PG or Rented Accommodations?
We have experienced in the past years that some of the parents/ students do not opt for residential facility at the time of admission and postpone this decision to look for other options. Though the university has a huge residential facility for students, even then we have experienced the shortage of the same, and whenparents/ students approach the university at the end, we are not able to accommodate them. So, keeping the interest of the students in view, they are advised to take the residential facility ideally at the time of admission to avoid inconvenience at a later stage. It is also experienced that generally students push their parents to allow them to stay outside the university in privately owned rooms, or as PG in shared accommodation which, apart from safety concerns, are also prone to temptation of many social evils, which at their young age appear to be very attractive but create harmful effects on their life in the long run. There may be a wrong belief that living as PG is cheaper as compared to availing residential accommodation in the campus. However, when all costs in detail are taken into consideration, it becomes clear that PG living, in fact, is costlier and involves more time in commuting up and down. Below are the points as support :-
Click here for More Details
Quality Laundry Services are available in the university campus. The Laundry Services are provided through the best washing and drying machines using standard chemicals.
- Generally steam press system is used.
- Delivery/collection is generally done in a bag with proper identification number of the user at specified place in Residential Compound.
- This facility may be availed on payment basis
- Food Plan is permitted on annual/ semester basis (as applicable) for students admitted for regular programmes for the duration of regular academic session.
- Students have an option to avail Food Plan from the University or may manage on their own. Food Plan may be offered in 3 different categories - Standard Food, Regional Food and Continental Food.
- The details of fee for food plan for different food categories is as per the following table:
|Academic Session/ One Semester
||Regional Food (South Indian)
|Fee for full Academic Session
|Fee for one semester
- Food Plan will be provided till the end of the regular academic sessiobn (or semester as applicable) including regular exams or 10 months of academic session (or 5 months in case of food plan opted for semester) from start of session, whichever is earlier. Students may avail Food Plan when they come and join two days prior to start of academic session and upto two days after regular exams. For availing food plan after the end of academic session for any purpose like summer school/ re-appear examination/ make up examination/ PEP/ EEP classes etc., additional proportionate Residential Fee (Food)
will have to be paid by the student, subject to the availability and permission of food plan.
- The fee for food Plan is for academic session 2015-16 only and is subject to change for successive sessions.
- Only specific meals (e.g. Breakfast and dinner only) may be offered in Continental Food Category, if offered.
- Regional and Continental Food (if offered), may not be available in the same residential facility but may be at other place(s) within the University Campus.
- Student may avail Food Plan on semester basis or on annual basis. In case student opts it semester wise then he/she has an option to continue or discontinue option in next semester. But in case student opts Food Plan for full academic session then he can't withdraw it after the semester. However for full academic session, the fee for food plan is lesser (i.e. 26000/- for Standard Food, 29500/- for South Indian food 34500/- for Continental Foos respectively.
Apartments have 1/ 2/ 3/ 4 rooms with attached washroom in each room. The apartment has common kitchen/ kitchenette, dinning and lobby area. The following additional facilities are available in Apartments :
- Air Conditioner in each room
- Geyser in attached washroom in each room
- Wooden Cupboards
- Permission for using two electrical gadgets (maximum load up to 5 Ampere) per apartment.
Conditions of availing Residential Facility
- In case a student has availed Residential facility for the full academic session and if due to any reason leaves/withdraws the residential facility during the academic session, the student shall have no claim for refund of fee and other charges already paid or otherwise, whatsoever against the university after the last date of refund as prescribed under the head ‘Refund Policy for Indian Applicants’ of Part-C. Fee and other charges, including amount paid for provisional registration, paid by the student shall stand forfeited and the student shall further be liable to pay the fee and other charges for remaining/ entire year.
- In case a student has availed the residential facility for the whole academic session and later on seeks to move out of the university due to certain reasons like getting On-Job-Training / selected for Internship / study abroad programme / cultural or academic exchange programmes etc., then he/she will be required to vacate the allotted room/apartment immediately or within stipulated time period as decided by the University and will not be entitled for any refund of fee paid for residential facility. Provided further that if under special circumstances, such a student is allowed to stay in the residential facility, then he will be required to follow all the rules, regulations and guidelines for staying in residential facility including but not limited to check-in and check-out times, maintaining discipline, day-offs, leaves, last day of vacating the room etc.
- The university can provide residential facility, at its own or through other arrangement, in or outside campus, as deemed fit.
- The student will not be entitled to claim residential facility as a matter of right.
- The student will vacate the residential facility in case of any requirement of the university for some specific period(s) for any reasons including accommodating guests, delegates, participants of any event, for maintenance work etc., as and when prescribed by the university.
- The university reserves the right to get the residential facility evacuated at any time either partially or in full on account of any emergency or any unforeseen circumstances arising within or outside the university.
- In case it is found at any time that a student is subject to be declared ineligible for appearing in any examination due to shortage of attendance in a particular term after due consideration of all the classes to be conducted for that term or in case detained at any time on account of disciplinary misconduct or any other reason whatsoever, the student will be liable to vacate the residential facility as and when directed by the university. Allotment of residential facility in the next term/semester shall be solely at the discretion of the university.
- The university reserves the right to debar a student from applying for residential facility in case he/she has CGPA or attendance less than the prescribed limit as specified by the university from time to time. In addition to academic credentials, student may also be debarred from applying for residential facility, in case he/she has been considered for disciplinary action or case of indiscipline is pending against him/her.
- The university reserves the right to hold inspection of the student’s rooms, bags, almirah or any of the student’s personal belongings at any time during day and/or night.
- The university reserves the right to make changes in residential facility, room allotted and various provisions and facilities in the accommodation as deemed appropriate from time to time.
- The entrance of outsiders in the residential accommodation will be restricted and entry and/or stay of parents/guardian and any other visitor(if authorised) will be subject to the permission of warden and other concerned authorities of the university; and if permitted, parents/guardians/visitor, while being on campus, will ensure that they behave decently and in orderly manner and any misbehaviour or unwarranted act on their part shall entitle the university to take any action against them and/or any disciplinary action against the student.
- The student will take precautions against insect-bites, dog-bites, snake-bites, animal-bites, plant-bites and such other infections and diseases and the university shall not be liable for such infections and diseases. However, in case of falling sick or any sort of infections, diseases or personal injury or otherwise, the student shall inform the warden and his/her parents instantly; and shall be liable to pay/reimburse for any expenditure incurred by the university and/or warden on his/her treatment for any illness or disease or personal injury or otherwise.
- The student will not make any unauthorised use of electricity for any electrical gadget including iron, heater, audio player, convector, or immersion rod.
- The residential fee includes the charges for usage of electric units as prescribed by the university and in case the utilized units exceed the fixed units, the student will pay the charges for usage of units exceeding the fixed units.
- The CFL once issued will not be replaced in case of damage due to default on part of the student and it will be the responsibility of the student to get it replaced at his own cost.
- The student will not paste any poster or painting on the walls of rooms or at other places in and outside residential premises.
- The hot water supply shall be available in winter only for fixed timings as prescribed by the university.
- If the student is absent from the residential facility without permission or violates any guidelines or policy or instructions of the university, the university shall be entitled to take any disciplinary action against the student including rustication/expulsion cancellation/ withdrawal of residential facility.
- The university reserves the right to withdraw or change any residential facility and/or to revise fee or any other charges prescribed for the purpose of availing any residential facility.
- Students must put thick curtains on windows, ventilator, and doors facing towards balcony/ outside and they are strictly prohibited to paste any poster, newspaper etc. or such things which may damage the paint or colour of the wall, doors, cupboard, etc.
- The student will be liable to pay for any damage caused to the residential accommodation either alone or jointly with others apart from facing any action(s) as decided by the university.
- Warden or other competent authority of the university can check about the whereabouts and other details of a student as and when required.
- Students shall themselves be responsible for the cleanliness of their rooms/apartments. However the washrooms and corridors will be cleaned by the housekeeping staff on periodical basis.
- Students are strictly prohibited from conducting any religious indoctrination and observances including prayer at any place in the university. However a student might worship or pursue the prayer alone, silently in the room allotted to him/her for residential facilities, if any, in such a way that his/her activity does not disturb or distract the other occupants of that room or neighbouring rooms. Loud chants and usage of cymbals, trumpets, bells/ chimes or other musical/ sound producing instruments are prohibited to avoid disturbance/ noise pollution. Usage of dhoopbatti / agarbatti/ such as incense sticks or any burning material is prohibited even in the room allotted for residential facility due to safety reasons.
- If a student does not report/join the university within one week after the scheduled start of session, the residential facility already allocated to him may be de-allocated. However, on late joining / reporting, if permitted as per the clauses mentioned above, the residential facility may be allotted again but the category of room (standard room/ luxury apartments, air cooler/ air conditioned) or pattern (dormitory, 4 seater, 3 seater, 2 seater, 1 seater) may not be the same as originally requested / opted at the time of admission. Such allotment will be subject to availability of accommodation and in case a student is not interested in availing the offered category of room (standard room/ luxury apartments, air cooler/ air conditioned) and pattern (dormitory, 4 seater, 3 seater, 2 seater, 1 seater) of residential facility, then the amount already deposited by him may be refunded/reimbursed subject to refund policy prescribed in Part C of Prospectus 2015 under the head 'Refund Policy for Indian Applicants' or in International booklet.