| infrastructure and technology
World Class Infrastructure
Lush Green Vast Campus
The Lovely campus is spread over 600+ acres of land on the National Highway No.1. at the entry of Jalandhar city. LPU is credited to be India's largest single-campus university. Environment-friendly campus is home to several architecturally striking buildings where every need of both staff and students is met. Tree-lined avenues and lush lawns dotted with beautiful flowering shrubs soothe the eye and create an ideal learning ambiance.
- The University's infrastructure is distinctive by its modern architecture with each building illustrating a unique picture of its utility.
- Each building has been designed to provide comprehensive services to the staff and students.
- All the buildings are architecturally green with optimal use of natural light and air.
- The campus provides a vibrant backdrop to the academic achievements and offers an unbeatable lifestyle, providing a unique place to study, relax and develop.
- We aspire to be a 'model unit' amongst educational institutions for our eco-friendliness, no drugs campaign, and ' zero tolerance' for drugs and alcohol.
- The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from different parts of the globe.
With technology having entered all spheres of human activity, a modern classroom is no exception. The traditional system of lecturing has to be supported for better communication, presentation, and conceptualization by the use of latest technological teaching aids. At LPU, classrooms and lecture halls are provided with multimedia projectors and other technical equipment making learning more absorbing, comprehensive, and fruitful. Simulated teaching software is the ‘in thing’ for visualized form of concepts helps better development of application oriented skills among students.
Labs and Workshops
Labs are integral part of an academic institution and in LPU we are strongly committed to providing world class infrastructure of labs so that we can create ideal environment for a student to understand the practical part of concepts. For this we have more than 300 labs for various disciplines, fully equipped for academic support of students as well as for pursuing research.
LPU has more than 100 computer labs with latest configuration and software for almost every specialization which falls under the disciplines of Engineering, Sciences, Biosciences, Applied Sciences, Applied Arts, Applied Medical Sciences, and Management. All the departments and schools have adequate number of experiment labs, research labs, project labs, workshops, studios, and other support systems which are integral for strong practical exposure.
An air conditioned Central Library, the Knowledge Centre, housed in a nine storey building, and 10 other dedicated departmental libraries, provide to students and staff a very conducive environment and opportunity for exploring a world of knowledge.
- All the libraries have rich collection of text and reference books, journals, magazines, audio/videos, CD Roms, research reports, online journals, database analysis software, etc. in all disciplines and in all areas of study.
- RFID system and LIBSYS software used in the libraries, makes book issuing and depositing completely an automatic process.
- WEB OPEC Catalog (online catalogue) software enables students and staff to search, request for, and reserve books and other reference material in the library, from the comfort of their residence/accommodation.
- The Central Library has an exclusive cyber café of 250 terminals to provide students free and fast access to internet.
- The library is kept open late in the night with eating facilities close by for providing students maximum time to read, explore, and work there.
Click here to view the details and the services provided in the libraries
Campus with Largest IT
Infrastructure in India
LPU provides to its students one of the most robust computing facilities. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled for ‘anytime anywhere’ access. LPU maintains Computer labs, Animation Studio with Quad Core Processors, Computer terminals with Dual Core and Core2 Duo Processors, Access to industry relevant software and technology like Pro E, STADD Pro, Auto CAD, Corel Draw and Microsoft’s Dream Spark. It is cruising rapidly towards becoming a paperless university by having unparalleled Hi-Tech, ultra-modern academic and administrative support system for carrying out most university routines online.
- Completely Wi-Fi enabled campus with 1300+ access points, supported on the latest technology from RUCKUS, CISCO and ARUBA Networks.
- Dedicated iMAC Lab for teaching latest technologies on iPhone and iPad development.
- Live Streaming solution from Elite Core for telecast of events, functions in the campus.
- Robust Core Switch networking implemented and maintained by Networking Giant “Nortel”
- 30+ Km of Fibre Optics running throughout the Campus for providing seamless connectivity to the users.
- 40+ Servers from IBM / HP (Tower Mounted, Rack and Bladed Based) for 100% redundancy, efficient data management.
- Server Virtualization implemented for consolidation of the Servers and running Legacy Applications through VMWare
- 4000+ computer systems in the labs across campus.
- 625+ Mbps of bandwidth for Internet dedicated leased line
- Juniper’s SRX650 UTM for security and network access control.
- Highly sophisticated surveillance, access control, and Biometric attendance systems for Access Control.
- 24 Hrs power back up through 1000 KVA of online uninterrupted power supply (UPS).
University Management System
University Management System
(UMS) is web-based software, developed by Info-tech team of software developers of the university, to provide all vital information concerning academics and administration to students, parents, and staff.
Administrative Module of UMS has features like:
Advertisement & Budget, Human Resource System, Student Record System, Counselling & Admission System, Placement & Training System, Central Mailing System, Hostel, and Transportation.
Academic Module of UMS has features like:
Teacher Course Preference, Instruction Plan, Course Registration, Backlog Course Registration, Open Electives, Social Sciences Electives, Departmental Electives and Specialization, Attendance and Project Management.
Learning Management System
System (LMS) facilitates the staff and students with ‘anywhere anytime’ access to academic resources like assignments, case studies, quizzes, articles, news updates, project guidelines, course material, term papers, project reports, for downloading /uploading. Attendance of students, marked online, can be tracked by parents from anywhere through mobile phone or computer using their UMS account.
Relationship Management System
(RMS), another key feature of UMS, helps to handle complaints and suggestions, both of students and staff, expeditiously and effectively.
The university also has an internal communication system in the form of Google mail for intra and inter-departmental communication through official mail Ids.
Considering that a variety of events like cultural programmes, seminars , debates, plays and other programmes are conducted throughout the year, the University houses an auditorium and numerous other performing areas which facilitate the students to carry on their activities smoothly and with ease. The University Auditorium, B R Mittal Auditorium, is centrally air-conditioned with a fully sound proof set up and equipped with latest technology for all types of audio/video presentations. A number of small digital auditoriums are also available for seminars, meetings, workshops etc.
Open Air Theatre
In addition to a hi- tech auditorium and small digital auditoriums, the University has numerous open air theatres like Sunken Stage, Shed Street etc. where a vast variety of student activities are arranged. Various activities like 'Nukkad Nataks', exhibitions , quiz competitions, plays and fashion shows are regularly organized in the open air theatres.
Playgrounds, Tracks and Courts
- With a view to develop the all-round personality of the students, the University emphasizes equally on sports as academics.
- The University provides all necessary facilities and equipment to the students for maintaining physical fitness and good health.
- The University has well equipped
|400-metre all-weather athletics track
|Basket Ball Courts
|Table tennis facility
||Well-equipped Boxing Arena
||Fitness and strength conditioning centres (Pieces of cardiovascular equipment and an extensive free weights area)
|Facility for Aerobics and Dance
||Grass pitches and artificial floodlit Grounds
||Indoor Strengthening and Weight Training Gymnasiums
- In addition to these, there are also facilities for:
- Wrestling -Judo - Chess - Gymnastics,etc
- All the games have sports equipment of International standard which is accessible to all students.
LPU is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).Students of LPU are also eligible to participate in Inter-University cultural and youth festivals and sports competitions organized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The university is alive to the expectations of its students who come here from a wide variety of cultural and geographical zones. It offers them excellent living accommodation within the campus, separately for boys and girls. As most of the students in hostels leave their homes for the first time in their lives, the university is very concerned in making this transition smooth and comfortable.
The wide range of hostel facilities almost meets the needs of all students
- Room with attached washroom, bed, chair, table, and almirah,
- Accommodation with or without food,
- Separate mess facility in each hostel,
- Hygienic vegetarian meals with variety of cuisines,
- Options of air-cooled or air-conditioned rooms,
- Hot water in winter (on scheduled timings),
- Free internet connectivity through Wi Fi system (for academic purpose),
- Live Streaming solution from Media Site for live telecast of events / functions in the campus.
- Hospital (in campus) with resident doctors and ambulances,
- Counsellors for discussing issues like homesickness, studies etc,
- 24 hour Security,
- 13 Electricity substations,
- 24 hour Power back up for providing light,
- Laundry (on payment ),
- Facilities of indoor and outdoor games,
- Online leave facility.
Transport and Parking
LPU has a dedicated fleet of buses for ferrying students to the university from nearby cities.
Hosteller, like day scholar, can avail parking facility for his/her vehicle if he/she chooses to keep one.
Shopping and Eating Facilities
Food Courts and Kiosks
Apart from mess facility in each hostel a varied range of food kiosks, cafes, canteens, juice bars, snack bars, coffee bars, including Subway and Domino’s, are operational throughout the day to suit the tastes of diversified community of students on the campus. Apart from excellent multi-cuisine menus, they offer comfortable ambience to all.
Uni-Centre and other facilities
The Uni-Centre, built in cosmopolitan style, is a multi-storey, air conditioned innovative complex. It houses a departmental store and various shops and offices of daily needs. In addition there is a network of banks, food courts, shops in branded apparels, lifestyle accessories, electronic gadgets (computers, laptops), books, stationary, sports, music and entertainment items, optical, photo studio, beauty parlour, boutique and other related service areas. These help students to meet their daily need purpose on the campus itself.
Uni -World Hotel
A premier hotel of 25 rooms, nestled in the unique educational environment of LPU, providing all the luxuries and modern conveniences of a full service hotel, first class dining, and wireless internet to guests, aims to offer a learning platform to the hospitality students.
The hotel is connected with the Uni-Centre of the university which has wide range of shops of stylish cloths, super market, electronic goods, fast food, fitness facility and concierge services.
Health Care Facilities
Sh.Baldev Raj Mittal Hospital in the campus is fully equipped to take care of the university residents. It is staffed with well qualified doctors, nurses, lab technicians and provides the following services:
- First Aid
- Emergency Handling
- Clinical Laboratory
- Dental Clinic
- Eye Checkup
- Pharmacy Shops for dispensing medicines at discounted prices
- Dedicated Ambulances
- Medical Referrals for specialized services
- Drug/ Alcohol Abuse Tests
Qualified Physiotherapists are engaged in this campus clinic for providing cure for various cardiovascular, neurological, and orthopaedic related problems. Specialized labs have been set up for Electro diagnostic and Electro therapeutic modalities which involve Orthopaedics and Sports Rehab, Neurological Rehab, Cardio pulmonary Rehab, and Paediatrics Rehab.
Housed in the Uni-Centre, the gymnasium is equipped with world class fitness equipment from Cybex USA. In it are specialized spaces for cardio and weight training along with steam and sauna rooms.
Banking and Postal Services
The university campus has fully functional branches of the following nationalized banks:
- ICICI Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- State Bank of Patiala
- Bank of India
- Karur Vyasa Bank
20+ ATMs at various sites including every hostel and a mobile ATM van running across the campus throughout the day help students save their time.
All these facilities help students in on-campus fee deposition, on-line fee deposition, off-line fee deposition, and in meeting their day to day banking needs.
Post Office, opened on the campus by Postal Department of Government of India, caters to all the postal needs of students like mail, parcel, speed post, money transfer etc.
For facilitating students in getting education loans, the university has assorted tie ups with the following nationalized banks:
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- Andhra Bank and certain other banks
The Loan Assistance Cell of the university supports students in obtaining loan application forms, loan letters and provides them documents as required from the university by these banks for extending loans. Students/parents may also approach branches of banks operating in the university campus itself.
Students and their parents/guardian will, however, be personally responsible for sanction and repayment of loans. The university will not be liable and responsible in this regard.
LPU facilitates its students in depositing fee at regular intervals by easy modes:
- On-campus fee deposition in cash
- On-line fee deposition through net banking, debit card, credit card, or deposit at banks
- Off-line fee deposition by DD for new joinees only
Security and Safety
The university is of the firm belief that the security and safety of its inmates is an integral part of its service in the education sector. For maintaining a safe academic environment in the campus, the university has:
- A dedicated team of professional security officers and personnel, deputed at all campus locations.
- A network of 3500 CCTV Cameras installed at strategic places for 24hr surveillance.
- Fire Safety kits mounted inside all buildings and at all important locations.
- The university has its own Fire Tending Vehicle in the campus