Important Information - LPU Admissions 2020
Lovely Professional University is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As the condition continues to change rapidly, our top precedence remains the safety and well-being of our community. To support prospective students (candidates) to apply for admissions in different programmes many arrangements have been introduced in Eligibility, Important Dates, How to Apply and Admission related process.
- COVID-19 FRONTLINE Scholarship Scheme: LPU has introduced a Rs. 20 Crore support initiative named ‘COVID-19 FRONTLINE Scholarship’, to honor the selfless contribution of the Covid-19 frontline workforce (i.e. Doctors, Nurses, Paramedical staff, Civic staff, Police personnel and others as per categories listed) and support the survivors by offering scholarship for self and wards. Click here to know more.
- Flexible and Easy Payment options for Admissions
- Provisional admission by paying a nominal fee of INR 10,000 in all programmes (except M.A (Hindi/Punjabi)).
- To support students during these pressing times by extending the usual balance payment period of 10-15 days after the allotment of seat till 15th July 2020 in parts. In case the student still face any challenge, they can write to the university for further extensions at email@example.com.
- Higher Scholarship:
- Augmenting support to deserving candidates, LPU has further expanded the scholarship bracket to even facilitate candidates scoring minimum of 70% marks in qualifying exam. Click here to check new scholarship brackets.
- Scholarship will also be offered on the basis of qualification previous to eligibility qualification. For example, someone seeking admission in B.Tech can seek scholarship on the basis of 10+2 (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (Qualification previous to 10+2)
- Online Proctored test/interview from Home: LPU has also initiated the conduct of remotely proctored online LPUNEST (Eligibility Exam) from home and remote video Interviews for admission.
- Easy and Convenient Refund Processing: In case of refund, LPU has also extended its support to candidates by accepting refund applications through online mode. If any candidate applies for the refund on or before 15th August, 2020,then the amount deposited by the candidate for programme fee will be refunded after deduction of INR 1000. For Post Graduate Agriculture Programmes candidate can apply for the refund on or before 15th July, 2020. Click here to know more.
- Proportionate Charges for residential Facilities: Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in delay of the commencement of classes in the physical mode resulting in shorter duration of stay in university residence and use of other residential facilities. The charges of residential facilities will be reduced proportionately, and students will be required to pay for the duration from the announced date of start of Physical classes till the announced date of end of academic Session including Examination. Click here to view more details.