ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR SESSION 2016-17
BPT (Batch 2013), MPT Batch 2015-Cycle I (Admission August 2015) and Batch 2015-Cycle II (Admission February 2016)
|Commencement of Classes
||W, Jan 11, 2017
| Last date for applying for Revaluation for Term-I, 2016-17
||M, Jan 23, 2017
|Last date for applying for Reappear Examinations for immediate previous odd term courses*
||M, Feb 13, 2017
|Announcement of Reappear Examinations schedule for immediate previous odd term courses
||F, Feb 17, 2017
|End Term Examinations (ETE)
||Sa-F, Mar 25-31, 2017
|Scrutiny of answer books by students
||Tu, Apr 04, 2017
||W-Tu, Apr 05- May 23, 2017
|Completion of advance registration for Elective courses (Dept. Electives, Spl Electives, OE and SE) for Term I (Autumn Term) of Session 2017-18
|| Sa, Apr 22, 2017
| Registration for Summer Term (Without Late Fee)
||Tu-Sa, May 02-20, 2017
| Close of Session
||Tu, May 23, 2017
|End Term Practical along with Capstone/Dissertation Evaluation**
|| W-Tu, May 24- Jun 06, 2017
|Last date for applying for Reappear Examinations for courses of all previous terms except for courses of Term-II 2016-17
||Th, May 11, 2017
|Announcement of Reappear Examinations schedule for all previous terms courses except for courses of Term-II 2016-17
M, May 15, 2017
|Summer Term classes followed by ETE
||Tu-M, Jun 06- Jul 31, 2017
|Last date for applying for Reappear Examinations for immediate previous even term courses***
||Tu, Jun 27, 2017
|Announcement of Reappear Examinations schedule of courses of Term-II of Session 2016-17
||F, Jun 30, 2017
|Commencement of Classes of Term-I Session 2017-18 for continuing students of MPT Batch 2015-Cycle II (Admission February 2016)
||Tu, Aug 01, 2017
Immediate previous odd term courses would mean:
For a 2014 batch student it would mean courses of term 5
For a 2015 batch student it would mean courses of term 3
For a 2016 batch student it would mean courses of term 1
** The End Term Examination of courses like Dissertation & Projects will be scheduled as per the Guidelines released for Capstone, Dissertation and similar courses issued from time to time by the University.
*** Immediate previous even term courses would mean:
For a 2014 batch student it would mean courses of term 6
For a 2015 batch student it would mean courses of term 4
For a 2016 batch student it would mean courses of term 2
Some important points:
- The dates mentioned in the calendar, especially with regard to end of Mid Term and End Term Examinations, are tentative and a variation may occur. Students are advised to plan for travel after looking at their respective date sheet for all components of regular End Term Examinations i.e. Theory (ETE) / Lab or Practical (ETP) / Viva for Projects/ Dissertations etc. As per University policy the student will be required to vacate the residential room/ apartment within 2 days after the end of all components of Regular End Term Examination.
For example: The last date for conducting End Term Examination (ETE) including Theory and Capstone Evaluation (wherever applicable) for all programmes by the University is upto Tuesday, June 06, 2017. If a student’s all components of Regular End Term Examination end on Saturday, June 03, 2017, then as per University Policy, the student will have to vacate the hostel by Monday, June 05, 2017 and not Tuesday, June 06, 2017.
- Due to any unforeseen reason, if the University remains closed, then the University may declare any Sunday as working.
- Any examination may be held on Sunday.
- If a student is not present on the date of scrutiny he/she will lose the opportunity to look at his/her answer books, however such students can apply for revaluation.
- There will be no scrutiny of reappear examination answer books; however such students can apply for revaluation.
- The schedule of Sports / co-curricular / cultural events will be notified separately by the concerned Division/ School.