- LPU has a very transparent approach towards its governance and makes all efforts to make the system such to both its staff and students.
- The whole system has been evolved to enable open and easy access to information related to examination, academics, University policies, rules and etc.
- The following examples show the transparency in the system and processes adopted by LPU:
To keep the information flow simple and accessible, the university policies and rules and regulations like Academic and Examination rules, Placement Policy, Scholarship scheme and policy, Duty Leave Policy, Academic honor Policy, etc; are regularly updated and can be accessed on the University websites and the University Management System (UMS).
All important announcements and notices are updated on the University website and the University Management System.
Administration/Information Record System
Leveraging high on technology, LPU is also the first University in India to implement Biometric System for its various HR and student's administrative issues and has deployed centralized ERP system with all the modules to provide immediate and transparent access to relevant information.
- A complete transparency is maintained in the evaluation system.
- The marks awarded to all components of continuous assessment are disclosed to the students.
- Students are given access to the answer sheets of all exams, including end-term as well as mid-term so that any discrepancy can be pointed out before the preparation of results.
- In case a student is not satisfied with the evaluation, he may request for re-evaluation.
The information regarding the attendance is updated daily on LPU's online portal from where a student and the guardians can keep track of his/her attendance.
Online allocation of Open and Social electives
Students are given a chance to choose open and social electives courses online on a first cum first serve basis. The opening date of registration for these courses is informed to the students and the students are required to register within the stipulated time for getting subject of one's choice.
The information on instruction plans can also be checked on the UMS.
Apart from the University website and University Management System (UMS), some of
the above information is made available through SMS on the mobile phones and the Lovely TV (within the campus).