UGC Recognition and Other Approvals
LPU is duly recognized by UGC and other Apex Bodies and has memberships and accreditations of various national and International bodies and associations.
LPU offers confidential and free professional counselling and psychological support to its students and staff in order to help them in handling various stressful situations and to cope up with their problems for their better social adjustment and good professional performance. This enables them to take full advantage of the academic and social environment of the University and realize their potential to the fullest extent.
Counselling and support is provided in the following areas:-
- Personal adjustments problems
- Situational crises
- Academic stress
- Adaptability to responsibilities
- Learning skills for lifelong usage
There are designated counsellors who listen to the issues of the students and staff and hold one-to-one counselling sessions for solving their problems.
CAPSS provides numerous services as mentioned below:
- Individual Counselling where a person gets an opportunity for catharsis by expressing his/her concern and is helped by CAPSS members to address his/her concerns or issues which may relate to adjustment with peers, academic or work stress, lack of concentration, etc.
- Career & Psychological testing helps one to assess his/her aptitude/ interest, I.Q. level and specific traits which can be put to optimum use for better academic and career planning. Test reports are kept confidential and not disclosed to anybody else.
- Consultation with CAPSS members to handle minor conflicts related to Hostel or class room situations or peer group.
- Group counselling is conducted depending upon the needs of students where a joint concern is to be taken care of.
- Clinical help in crisis and severe cases where medication under the supervision of a qualified psychiatrist is provided. In case of emergencies doctors can be contacted telephonically.
- Additional support system helps those students and staff members whose cases need specialized support from external experts or sources. In such cases, after assessing the whole situation, information or service of external expert or agency is provided.
- Personality grooming course is offered that helps in all round personality development for a better social and personal life.
- Workshops, addressed by experts, are organized on special as well as popular topics. The topics for workshops include stress management, eating problems, effective communication skills, how to help someone in distress, how to face an interview board and ways of mental relaxation.
General Concerns referred to CAPPS
Enlisted below are a few of the general concerns frequently referred to CAPSS:
- I am feeling home sick.
- I am feeling lonely and sad.
- Interacting with others is my problem.
- I am feeling stressed.
- I am not doing well academically.
- My anxiety is negatively affecting my performance.
- I have problem which I cannot express openly so want to talk.
- My eating habits are creating problems in adjustment.
- I feel myself an alien because of my absolutely different background.
- Because of my shyness and self-consciousness my friend circle is not growing.
- Can I trust the psychological testing for future planning?
- My negative thoughts are over powering me.
- I have lost interest in studies
- My aim in life is missing.
- I am losing temper very frequently.
- I am losing confidence because of my weak English.
- I have poor decision making power.
- How can I control by irresistible desire of any kind of addictions.
- Are there any special services for me.
Call at +91-1824- 501225(24 hours Helpline)
To avail the services offered by the University's Counselling and Psychological Support System (CAPSS):
visit Sh. Baldev Raj Mittal Hospital or