Events, Workshops & Seminars
- Ar. Manish Singh along with 5 students of B.Architecture participated for finale of Transparence 2011 at Bangalore
Transparence 2011 is a national level design competition organized by Saint Gobain and Ethos India every year for architectural students. LSAD, LPU batch 2009 B.Architecture 3rd year participated in the competition by introducing the design project in the course code ARC321– Architectural Design-V during Term 1 2011-2012. To qualify as a participating college we cleared the criteria of 8 design entries by sending 26 design entries from the school. A Student of section A1903 ‘Anuj Kumar Chalotra, Registration No. 10902185’ secured ‘Best Studio Project Award’ in the North Region category.
Transparence 2011 finale was held at Dayananda Sagar College of Architecture, Bangalore on 2nd March 2012, Friday. The School and the faculty coordinator (Ar.Manish Singh 16115) were honored with a cash prize of Rs.25000/- for active participation. The cash prize was given as a Library aid for the school. Transparence 2011 also organized a design workshop for 200 architectural students from top architectural schools of India. Five of our students attended the workshop conducted by eminent personalities of the Architecture academia and industry.
- Ar.Navneet Kaur Bhatia along with M.Architecture students (batch 2011) visited the city of Kapurthala for making a project titled Conservation of Kapurthala's Jalo Khana precinct.
The first site visit was carried on 3-2-2012. The aim was to understand the overall morphology of a city .The students went through all the plans, research papers and other unpublished materials before this visit so that they could truly understand the city .Each visit to a the structures in the city was according to the chronology of the city .The students were able to correlate between the text material and onsite condition. This visit helped them to achieve following tasks
The second site visit was carried on 2-3-2012. It was the stage when the students had already understood the overall fabric instead of concentrating on one particular area .But this visit was completely oriented towards the delineation of a particular area for detailed study. Thus the students were directed to move to the core of the city where they could find most of the original fabric related to the city .The students went into various galis and bazaars to find out the finest street for their studio exercise. The street in which maximum number of people showed interest in carrying the documentation in their private properties was one of the major factors in choosing their site. The students focused on Street named Shoriyan where all the requirements were fulfilled.
- Diversity of architectural styles
- Typological analysis.
- Various Transition points between core heritage zone and new Kapurthala
- Topographical analysis(Baradari,kali bein etc)
- Finding out various precincts within the city which helped in functioning of a city
This visit helped them to achieve following task
Achievements of Faculty and students
- Fabric of the street
- Logic of settlements
- Individual housing typology (one courtyard , two courtyard, three courtyard houses)
The third visit carried made by the students was directed to document each house in that street (in detail).
Students worked on the documentation of Shoriyan and its individual houses. Further they have proposed a conservation plan for the Jalo Khana precinct, Kapurthala
- Periodic study tour visit to various cities of the Asian Continent, Term 2 2011-2012 [4-1-2012 to 17-1-2012] is as follows:
- National Memorial Chorten
- Tigers Nest: Paro Taktsang
- School For Buddhist Studies: Simtokha Dzong
- Punakha Dzong
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Bharat Kala Bhavan, Benaras Art Culture
- Trip To Sarnath
- Arhai Kangura , Rajghat Mosque, Bibi Razziya ,Jnanavapi Mosque In Badshah Bagh,
- Tombs: Bakaria Tomb, Tomb Of Lal Khan
- Riverside Palaces: Bhonsle Palace, Bhonsle Ghat 6.Rooftop Observatory: Manmandir And Temples
Mandu, Madhya Pradesh
- The Royal Enclave group of monuments
- Jahaz Mahal [documentation done]
- Hindola Mahal [documentation done]
- Mullik Mughlis group of monuments/ Suraj Kund.
- Hoshang Shah's Tomb
- Rewa Kund and the highest tip of the Mandu plateau
- Roopmati's Pavilion
- Baz Bahadur's Palace
- Jami Masjid
- Ashrafi Mahal
- Darya khan group of monuments.
- The Darwazas / Gates
- Lohani Caves / sunset point
- Chishti Khan Palace
- survey of residential settlements of Adivasi [Bheel] along the main spine of the city
- Gada Shah group of monuments
- The City of Lucknow
- Imambaras and Karbalas
- Asfi Imambara
- Shah Najaf Imambara
- Hussainabad Imambara
- Sibtainabad Imambara
- Imambara Sharaf-Un-Nissan
- Imambara Moghul Sahiba
- Imambara Malka Jamania
- Jannat Ki Khirki
- Talkatora Karbala and Imambara 12.Residency Palace [documentation done]
- Dharavi Slums
- Nehru Nagar slum
- Junaid nagar, khajurwadi slum
- Juhu Beach
- Sightseeings: Gateway Of India, Haji Ali, Rama Krishna
- Temple, Marine Drive, Cross Roads, Fashion Street
- Gandhi Bhawan Auditorium, Punjab University
- Group of buildings, Punjab University
- Sukhna Lake
- Sector-17 planning and design study
- Mehrangarh Fort
- Jaswant Thada
- Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Government Museum
- 3 day [14th- 16th October 2011] workshop of Young Architects Festival Chandigarh 2011, the event has participation from architectural colleges all across Asian continent. Design thesis of Harsimran Kaur was 2nd in the best thesis award at the event.
- 4 day [3rd-6th October 2011] post-occupancy survey of an established informal settlement in Ludhiana for B.Arch 4th year, course code: ARC429 Housing.
- 3 day [20th-22nd August 2011] visit to Macleodganj for the City analysis to develop final year design studio project, course code: AR521 Architectural Design-VIII.
- Ar.Nitesh Kumar Goswami:
- The thesis of Ar.Nitesh Kumar Goswami Batch 2006-2011 won the North Zone Thesis Awards AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN ARCHITECTURAL THESIS-2011 conducted by COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE & its academic Unit NIASA, Pune.
The thesis was also nominated in the top 10 THESIS of India for the session 2011-2012. His project is featured in the publication of Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
- Ar.Harsimran Kaur:
- The thesis of Ar.Harsimran Kaur Batch 2005-2011 was nominated in the top 10 THESIS of the North Zone Thesis Awards AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN ARCHITECTURAL THESIS-2011 conducted by COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE & its academic Unit NIASA, Pune.
The thesis of Harsimran Kaur has won second prize in the YOUNG ARCHITECTS FESTIVAL-2011, an architect's meet of Asian countries conducted by Indian Institute of Architects, Chandigarh Punjab Chapter.
Both the above said students are presently the faculty with School of Architecture and Design, LPU.
- Anuj Chalotra: B.Architecture 3rd year student of Batch 2009-2014, section A1903
- The student's project for Transperence 2011, national level design competition with the theme HOUSING FOR FUTURE conducted by Saint Gobain and Ethos India has won the Best studio project in the North Zone.
The jury was held at Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi on 7-12-2011.
The jury panel consisted of Ar.Neelanjan Bhowal [Principal architect and proprietor of Design Consortium, New Delhi] and Ar.Jyoti Rath [Principal Architect and proprietor JR+A, New Delhi]
- Dr Rupinder Singh, Ar. Prashant Rehal and Ar.Harsimran Kaur participated in the Architectural Concept and Design Competition for "Beautification of Entrance Plaza at Science City, Kapurthala"
- Dr Rupinder Singh, Ar. Prashant Rehal, Ar.Harsimran Kaur, Ar. Manish Singh and Ar. Sneha Singh presented design conceptual scheme for the competition held by the Government of India for the following projects:
- Dr. Ambedkar National Centre for Social Justice
- Dr.Ambedkar National Memorial
Design scheme for the Project Dr. Ambedkar National Centre for Social Justice was shortlisted in the 1st round and the 2nd round [ Project budget and estimation is sent for further approval]
- Ar.Sukhmanjit Singh and Ar.Navdeep Shukla attended 2 day workshop on innovative construction materials and methods organized by IIT Roorkee from 19-3-12 to 20-3-12.
- Ar. Navneet Kaur Bhatia attended Lime workshop in Delhi (10th October -14th October 2011) organized by The Aga Khan Trust and Archaeological Survey of India.
- Research paper of Ar. Navneet Kaur Bhatia on ‘Indian Heritage Cities-A major threat to Tughlaqabad’ was published in the journal CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE - Beyond Corbusierism, Vishakhapatnam Volume 1, the paper was presented in the Young Architect’s Festival Chandigarh 2011 organized by THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS in October 2011.
- Research paper of Ar. Shruti H Kapur on ‘Fly Ash- An innovative Material for today’s Building’ was published in the journal CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE - Beyond Corbusierism, Vishakhapatnam Volume 1, the paper was presented in the Young Architect’s Festival Chandigarh 2011 organized by THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS in October 2011.
- Research paper of Ar. Manish Singh on ‘Ramified Modernism’ was published in the journal Architecture Update by Economic Research India Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai Volume 5, Issue 8, September 2011 journal being published since 2000.
- Paper published in the proceedings of International Conference on “Rapid Advances in Sustainable Architecture” held in August 2011 by the following:
- Ar.Narinderjit Kaur: Sustainability-A New Architectural Design Intervention
- Ar.Kapil Arora: Community Plots–An Appropriate Answer to Urban Sprawl
- Ar.Amrita Vikram & Sonia Suri: Efficient water management for sustainable housing
- Ar.Shruti H Kapur: FlyAsh- A sustainable material for today's building
- Ar.Navneet Kaur Bhatia: Heritage and sustainability New Dimension for Kagzipura
- Ar.Akanksha Sharma & Jasmine Kaur: Approaches to sustainable Development
- Ar.Amrita Vikram Dhiman has published Research paper titled "Role of water for sustainable neighborhood " in INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON GREEN CITY; DESIGN, PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT at MANIT Bhopal from 21st - 23rd Jan 2011
- Ar.Narinderjit Kaur and Ar.Amrita Vikram Dhiman attended International Conference on “URBANISM AND GREEN ARCHITECTURE” organised by NIT Hamirpur and IIA Chandigarh Punjab Chapter held on October 30th-31st 2010 at NIT Hamirpur.