- Lovely School of Architecture and Design (LSAD) houses one of the most innovative and cutting edge international programs in architecture, urbanism and design in India.
- The School draws from an international faculty trained in Ivy League institutions such as Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Cornell as well as from IITs, CEPT and SPA in India.
- The school strives to generate a creative environment where innovation and critical thoughts flourish
- There are four pillars to a LSAD education:
First is the pillar of vocational training. Our graduates master the widest possible array of skills that the industry demands and the department has created additional summer programs for the purpose.
- Second is the pillar of design intelligence which includes understanding of the critical and social roles of the designer.
- Third is the pillar of a liberal arts thinker—a person who has the ability to follow a critical investigation without anxiety.
- Lastly, the pillar of ethical behaviour that accounts for the ability to act in the larger interest than that of a given client or situation.
- As part of Lovely Professional University, India’s largest University on a single campus, the school has an unparalleled command on resources and infrastructure; the school is uniquely furnished with some of the latest machines such as laser cutters, CNC routers, and power tools as well as one of the most extensive architecture and design library in the region.
- The School offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in which the graduates are nurtured to take leadership roles in transforming and improving our complex built environment. Innovation remains the crucible of our design pedagogy and the School continues to evolve to meet current and future challenges.