|Terms and Conditions
||scholarship and financial aid benifits of upto Rs. 1 lac per year per student
- Scholarship / Financial Aid Scheme is applicable for Indian Applicants only.
- Grant of Scholarship / Financial Aid is subject to prevalence of Scholarship / Financial Aid Scheme at the time of receipt of application and is further subject to verification and authentication of the information, certificates and other documents as required by the University.
- Percentage in the Qualifying examination represents percent of aggregate marks and for the purpose of calculation of aggregate marks, in addition to the marks obtained in the subjects considered essential by awarding board / university for passing the examination, marks obtained in other subject(s) as and if prescribed under the respective eligibility criteria of LPU will also be taken into account. If student is not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria as per the criteria mentioned above, then all the subjects registered for the purpose of qualifying exam may be considered for calculating aggregate marks for Admissions only and not for offering Scholarship.
- In case of Scholarship on the basis of marks in qualifying examination, for awarding scholarship in the bracket of 90% marks or above, applicants qualified eligibility exams from LPU may be considered even if they have 9.5 CGPA.
- Scholarship / Financial Aid is offered at the time of Admission only and may be offered on different basis like Scholarship on the basis of Sports, on the basis of cultural performance or on the basis of marks in qualifying exam etc. Student can claim the Scholarship on any one basis and the claim for Scholarship / Financial Aid can be made only at the time of filing Application for Admissions or before the date prescribed by the University subject to the last date of Admissions for the concerned Programme. In case student has opted Scholarship of one type (i.e. on one basis) or has not opted for Scholarship / Financial Aid at all, then change in the Scholarship type (basis) so claimed will not be allowed and claim for the Scholarship / Financial Aid will also not be allowed at later stage.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship / Financial aid scheme as well as for any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of LPU, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- In addition to LPU Scholarship / Financial Aid, If a student gets scholarship from a Government / NGO / any other organization, then LPU Scholarship /Financial Aid will be restricted to amount obtained by subtracting scholarship received from Government/ NGO/ any other organization from total applicable fees (including charges for residential/ transport/ food facility, If any, subject to maximum for a non-AC three seater residential facility).
Fee of B.Tech Programme is Rs. 69500/- per semester (i.e. 1,39,000/- per year) and the hostel fee for two Seater Non-AC is Rs. 54500/- per year . If a student enrolled in B.Tech and with a 2 seater Non-AC hostel receives a scholarship of Rs. 1,00,000/- per year at the time of admissions and later on also gets a Scholarship of Rs. 1,20,000/- per year from some outer agency , then the maximum entitlement for scholarship offered by LPU for such student shall be Rs. 62,000/- per year, obtained by subtracting Scholarship from Outer agency i.e. 1,20,000/- from total fee of the programme i.e. Rs. 1,82,000/- (1,39,000/- + 43000/- = 1,82,000/- ). Important point is that for calculating total fee of the student, fee of 2-Seater hostel i.e. Rs. 54000/- per year has not been considered rather Rs. 43000/- per year has been considered as fixed as maximum limit by the University.
- If a student earlier admitted for a programme under scholarship scheme later on applies for programme transfer; he will not be entitled for the scholarship for the changed programme in case last date of Scholarship scheme, for that changed programme, is expired.
- For Scholarship on the basis of Performance in State Level Entrance Tests and JEE (Mains) (State ranks), the States and corresponding tests will be classified in various Groups (Group IA, Group I to Group - VIII) depending on the number of students appeared in the Entrance test or any other parameter as decided by the University. Number of ranks or Marks / Percentile to be considered for various categories and amount of Scholarship will depend on the Group (Group I or Group II or so on) of State Level Entrance Test.
- For Scholarship on the basis of Performance in State / National Level Entrance Tests and JEE (Mains) (State ranks), only the General Rank will be considered. Any Special Rank for Category of Students like Separate rank for Reserved Category etc. shall not be considered for award of Scholarship. However in case student is able to provide proof of students appeared in specific category, then such specific rank may also be considered. The group of tests will vary depending on the number of students appeared in that category.
- The classification of states and corresponding Engineering Entrance Tests into various groups (Group IA, Group I, Group II etc.) are done by default for General Engineering or combined Rank. Based on such a rank student is eligible for Scholarship in B.Tech Programmes as well as B.Arch. Programme (Programmed where eligibility is Science non-medical). However considerable number of agencies publish separate rank for Medical / Architecture stream. Even that ranks may be considered for awarding Scholarship for various programmes like B.Tech. Biotech/ B.Pharmacy/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture / B.Sc. - Forestry (Programmes where eligibility is medical) subject to the condition that candidate is able to provide the proof of students appeared in specific category (Medical / Architecture etc.). The group of tests (for specialised category) will vary depending on the number of students appeared in that category.
- LPU - TFA (LPU - Test for Financial Aid) will be conducted separately for providing monetary benefit to students scoring less than 70% aggregate marks in qualifying Examination. The schedule and details of test is circulated separately by the University.
- A scholarship on the basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. will only be awarded in case of competition held as per guidelines duly approved by Central/State Government or as approved by LPU from time to time. The list of activities to be considered for Scholarship on the basis of Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-Curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. has been separately enlisted by the university.
- For Scholarship on the basis of Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. applicant will be required to submit Certificates as detailed in 'Scholarship Application Form for Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-Curricular, Social Service and Bravery etc.' Scholarship may be awarded only after the verification of certificates and documents by the University. If need be, trials can be conducted to verify the achievement of candidate in this regard.
- For Scholarship on the basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular & Social Service, the performance only in last two calendar years will be considered from year 2010 onwards and subject to medical fitness and other conditions. Condition of considering performance in last two years is not applicable for Scholarship on the basis Bravery awards.
- For Continuation of Scholarship on the basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. in the subsequent years, student must fulfil the attendance conditions and performance in respective activities.
- Students availing the scholarship on the basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. shall make himself / herself available for such practices / camps / tournaments etc. as and when required by the University and he / she shall not represent any institute / association / club etc. other than Lovely Professional University without obtaining the prior approval from the University.
- For Scholarship on the basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc., the student must be in "A+" , "A", or "B" team of the university (wherever applicable).
- Only those Students will be eligible for Scholarship on the basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. in subsequent terms / years, who will continue to take part in concerned activities of the University and their conduct, progress and achievement in concerned activities of sports/cultural/co-curricular/social service is found satisfactory. The student will be assessed at the end of each academic year and the recipient will need to reapply for the scholarship as per the dates specified by the University. In case the performance of the student is observed not up to the mark, then University may terminate the Scholarship granted to the student.
- In case free Boarding is part of the Scholarship on basis of performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery etc. , then the Dormitory Room (without Attached washroom) may be provided for stay. If student is interested to avail some other room pattern like one / two / three / four seater etc., then he has to apply for it separately as per the procedure and dates prescribed by University. These applications may be processed only after the last date of Admissions and higher category room may be offered after the payment of additional fee as applicable depending on the seater requested/opted.
- Scholarship/ Financial Aid is applicable on Tuition fee as prescribed for a term/ semester under the Programme details in Part B of the Prospectus. The benefit of Scholarship / Financial Aid will not be applicable in case of fee for various other requirements / facilities like Backlog / re-appear / Make up fee etc. as mentioned under the head 'Other Fee' in General Admission Guidelines of Part - C of Prospectus.
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Scheme is for the normal duration of the programme. However if student takes more than normal duration to pass the programme, he will not be entitled for Scholarship or Financial Aid for duration in excess of normal duration.
- In case of Dual Degree / Integrated Programmes, Scholarship and Financial Aid Scheme is applicable only for first degree / diploma and not for higher degree.
- Scholarship or Financial Aid benefit cannot exceed the tuition fee and In case the scholarship amount exceeds the tuition fee, then only tuition fee will be exempted.
- University at its discretion may impose condition of minimum CGPA and/or attendance to be maintained in every term/Semester/year for continuation of Scholarship/Financial Aid in subsequent term(s)/ semester(s)/ years.
- 2000 Scholarship and 500 Financial Aids may be awarded subject to maximum of 25% of total students admitted in the University in 2013 session. However Scholarship/ Financial Aid scheme may be reviewed on 1st and 15th of every month and may be continued/ reduced/ withdrawn as decided by the University.
- If at any stage, it is found that a student has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information / fact(s) which would have rendered him ineligible for admission and/or Scholarship / Financial Aid or student has been admitted and/or Scholarship/ Financial Aid has been awarded by default by the University, then the admission and/or Scholarship/ Financial Aid will stand cancelled and action will be taken as per law of the land.
- If at any stage, it is found that erroneous Scholarship / Financial Aid has been awarded because of Staff mistake or otherwise, then the student will be entitled for actual Scholarship / Financial Aid as per the policy specified in Prospectus. Any additional amount already awarded to student may be recovered accordingly.
- In addition to other terms and conditions as prescribed from time to time, only those students will be eligible for scholarship in subsequent terms / years:
- Against whom No Disciplinary action has been initiated or taken during their stay at LPU.
- Who has never been charged for Academic Misconduct or Use of Unfair Means in LPU.
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Scheme is not applicable for
- Distance Learning Programmes,
- Diploma / Certificate Programmes of Hotel Management after 10th, B.Ed, M.Phil & Ph.D. Programmes
- Programmes with Fee equal to or less than Rs. 9500/- (Nine Thousand Five Hundred only).
- Any other Programme as decided by the University
- Scholarship on the basis of Sports, Cultural, Co-Curricular, R&D, Social Service and Bravery etc. will also be applicable in case of B.Ed, B.Ed. - yoga, M.A. - Hindi and M.A. – Punjabi. However in such cases, tuition fee waiver for different grades (i.e. 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' and 'E') as specified in Scholarship policy for Sports, Cultural, Co-Curricular, R&D, Social Service and Bravery etc. will be as follow:
||For Grade 'A' and 'B'
||100% tuition fee waiver
||For Grade 'C'
||50% waiver in tuition fee
||For Grades 'D' and 'E'
||25% waiver in tuition fee
- Relaxation in eligibility wherever offered like considering higher qualification in place of qualifying exam (as prescribed in Part-B of the prospectus under the head 'Programme Details'), relaxation of 5% in eligibility for North east applicants/defence personnels (as specified in Part C of the Prospectus under the head 'General Admissions Guidelines' ), 5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC & other categories as applicable to certain specific programmes (prescribed in Part- B of the Prospectus under the head 'Programme Details' ) and any other such relaxation is only for determining eligibility criteria and not for offering Scholarship. However waiving off English as a compulsory subject if applicant studied in English medium or has studied Computer Science Course may be considered for Scholarship also.
- In case of any matter not covered here and for interpretation of any content of this prospectus, the decision of the competent authority of the University shall be final and binding on all concerned.