With a view to facilitate access to Higher Education to the persons with benchmark disability and Locomotor disability caused by Spinal Cord Injury. LPU offers a special scholarship scheme of Full programme fee waiver to the Persons with Disability in the programmes as per Annexure. The scholarship will be given to a maximum of 20 students on first come basis.
Terms and Conditions for Full Programme Fee waiver and Other Scholarship
- Definitions for purpose of this scholarship
- Person with benchmark disability means a person with not less than forty percent of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. (excluding Blind and Deaf & Dumb disability)
- Locomotor disability caused by Spinal Cord Injury wherein a person is unable to execute distinctive activities associated with movement of self and objects resulting from affliction of musculoskeletal or nervous system or both.
- Scholarship scheme of Full programme fee waiver under this scholarship will be applicable to Indian applicants only.
- Student has to pay for all the residential facilities availed by him/her i.e stay, food, laundry etc. food and laundry charges for the attendant also. However the attendant may be allowed to stay in the same hostel room without paying additionally for residential fees (No extra bedding will be permitted in room but floor bedding is permissible in room for attendant).
- The student has to fulfill eligibility criteria and has to follow the admission process as mentioned in the university prospectus or website.
- Admission under this scheme will be done till the last date of admissions.
- The scholarship of full fee waiver will be available in the selected programmes as per Annexure. University official’s committee will approve the admissibility of applicant in programmes listed in Annexure.
- For availing this scholarship, the student needs to submit a medical proof from competent medical authority (Certificate issued by Civil Hospital or equivalent or Higher Government authority).
- Scholarship will be awarded to the student only after the verification of original documents. In case student is not able to provide the documents within the stipulated time as prescribed by the university, then scholarship will stand cancelled.
- For availing scholarship under this policy, student need to submit income certificate (Parents/Guardian/Self – If employed)
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship scheme as well as for any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of LPU, then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice. However applicant can avail EDB in Phase - I (i.e. fee of last year) along with other benefits offered by LPU.
- For the security concern, all the attendants will be issued one-time free turnstile gate pass by university, students will be required to pay for re-issue of turnstile gate pass.
- Scholarship as mentioned above is applicable on programme fee as prescribed for a term/ semester under the Programme details in Part B of the Prospectus for the concerned year. The benefit of Scholarship will not be applicable in case of fee for various other requirements / facilities like Backlog / re-appear / Make up fee etc. as mentioned under the head ’Fee for Additional Services/ Facilities’ of ‘General Guidelines for Admissions etc.’ of Part - C of Prospectus.
- Benefit of Scholarship is for the normal duration of the Programme. However if a student takes more than normal duration to pass the Programme, he / she will not be entitled for these benefits for duration in excess of normal duration.
- If at any stage, it is found that an student has concealed, suppressed, distorted any information / fact(s) which would have rendered him ineligible for admission and/or ineligible for benefit of Scholarship or student has been admitted and/or Scholarship has been awarded by default by the University, then the admission and/or Scholarship will stand cancelled.
- In addition to other terms and conditions as prescribed from time to time, only those students will be eligible for Scholarship in subsequent terms / years:
- Against whom No Disciplinary action has been initiated or taken during their stay at LPU.
- Who has never been charged for Academic Misconduct or Use of Unfair Means in LPU
- Final Selections of student will be made subject to completion of all documentation and availability of seats in Programme for which admission is sought by student, subject to Terms & Conditions applicable on the date of admission.
- Final decision regarding admissibility will be taken by the University and cannot be claimed as a matter of right by any eligible student.
- In case of any matter not covered here and for interpretation of any content of this proposal, the terms and conditions as mentioned in prospectus are to be referred and the decision of the competent authority of the University shall be final and binding on all concerned.
to view list of programmes.