LPU’s "Transforming Education Awards" aims to honour top 100 schools, inspiring teachers and participating students with teaching grants, cash prizes and other incentives worth Rs. 60 lakh. Through this portal, students can acknowledge the dedicated efforts of their teachers and schools in making unique and profound impact on their lives.
Indian Work Permit
In India, work permits, often referred to as employment visas, are issued either to skilled professionals or to people immigrating to India to fill a specific position for a named company.
Work permits are a very subjective area of Indian visa services, however in order to live and work in India all candidates must secure one.
- The key benefit of an Indian employment visa is that it permits a foreign national to live and work in India.
- Unlike an Indian business visa which permits a range of business activities but excludes the right to undertake employment, a successful work permit application offers the right to begin living and working in India upon arrival.
- In addition, unlike short-term India visa services such as a tourist visa, Indian work permits can be extended in increments of one year as required.
In India, work permit applications can be submitted through one of the following two routes:
- The applicant may apply to the Indian Embassy or High Commission in his or her country of residence, or as is more often the case,
- An Indian company offering a position of employment can begin the application process in India on the behalf of the candidate. This employer led route is the usual route to obtaining an Indian work permit.
In cases where a firm offer of employment from an Indian company is in place, applications will need to be supported by a range of documentation including a completed application form and a current valid passport with recent passport photographs.
In addition, it will be necessary to offer proof of residence and employment, along with documentation to confirm the Indian position of employment being offered.
Intra Company Transfer
In India, visas can be applied for by employees of a foreign company who need to transfer to an Indian branch of the same organization. The Intra Company Transfer is designed to allow the movement of crucial employees between international branches of a company.
The guidelines for this type of Indian visa are more loosely defined then those in other countries. But in general, it is preferred that candidates possess a four-year university degree.
Intra company transfers or "E" visas are granted on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Indian migration officer and will, as with work permits in general, take into account the availability of native Indian workers.
Spouse Immigration and Dependent Immigration
In India, work permits are commonly a long-term immigration solution, therefore immediate family members will be permitted to join the main applicant in India.