LPU’s"Transforming Education Awards"
Felicitation Ceremony for Transforming Education Awards 2017 is scheduled for Wednesday, the 31st of January, 2018 in Delhi. Sh. Pranab Mukherjee, Former President of India, has very kindly given his consent to give the awards to the winners at his residence 10, Rajaji Marg, New Delhi. To know more, click on the appropriate button.
English Language Programme
- English Language Programme (ELP) is an intensive programme which enables students, from Non-English speaking Countries or those where English is not the first language to acquire proficiency and fluency in English language – both spoken and written.
- LPU offers intensive ELP for all international students who wish to strengthen their English language skills.
- After the successful completion of the programme, the students will be awarded with an English proficiency certificate.
Features of LPU’s English Language Programme:
- Places the student at right level – Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
- Course designed to help attainment of academic and professional goals, simultaneously
- Focus at building, refining and enhancing reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Highly trained and experienced language trainers
- Special focus on language training, with particular emphasis on accent, tone and tenor
- Use of Audio – Visual aids and computer exercises to enhance the learning process
- Small class sizes
- Incorporation of high end technology in pedagogy
- Refining of interpersonal skills for active participation in all aspects of academic studies
- Development of critical reading and listening strategies
- Increase in inclusive vocabulary, with particular emphasis on professional usage of language
- Development of strategies aimed at overcoming cultural barriers
- Provides an opportunity to get acquainted with richness of Indian culture and learn the best of its offerings
- Provides an opportunity to be a part of India’s Largest University and interacts with the people from across the globe.
- Multimedia Labs for self-practice
- Thorough guidance and learning support
- On campus accommodation facility
- Personal tutorials
- Free e-mail and Internet access
- Access to University’s rich library collection
- Excellent academic and allied facilities
- Strong IT support
- Access to On-line learning material
Programme Duration: The duration of the programme is 4 months
- April - August
- August – December
- January – April
- Age: The Candidate must be of 16 years of age & above
- Qualification: The candidate must have cleared 10th(O Level) grade
- To apply, a candidate requires his/her high school transcripts (translated in English).
- Upon arrival at LPU, the candidate will be tested on the English Language Benchmark Assessment(ELBA) for choosing the right programme for him/her.
Therefore, it is important that him/her arrive one week before the commencement of classes.
- When applying to the ELP at LPU, the candidate should also apply for the academic programme that he/she would like to study upon completion of the ELP. This will help him/her to obtain a study permit from the Indian Embassy of his/her country.
- The students entering the ELP must contact the International Office in advance, to ascertain their place in the programme.