- English Language Programme (ELP) is an intensive programme which enables students, from Non-English speaking Countries or those where English is not the first language to acquire proficiency and fluency in English language – both spoken and written.
- LPU offers intensive ELP for all international students who wish to strengthen their English language skills.
- After the successful completion of the programme, the students will be awarded with an English proficiency certificate.
Features of LPU’s English Language Programme:
- Places the student at right level – Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
- Course designed to help attainment of academic and professional goals, simultaneously
- Focus at building, refining and enhancing reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Highly trained and experienced language trainers
- Special focus on language training, with particular emphasis on accent, tone and tenor
- Use of Audio – Visual aids and computer exercises to enhance the learning process
- Small class sizes
- Incorporation of high end technology in pedagogy
- Refining of interpersonal skills for active participation in all aspects of academic studies
- Development of critical reading and listening strategies
- Increase in inclusive vocabulary, with particular emphasis on professional usage of language
- Development of strategies aimed at overcoming cultural barriers
- Provides an opportunity to get acquainted with richness of Indian culture and learn the best of its offerings
- Provides an opportunity to be a part of India’s Largest University and interacts with the people from across the globe.
- Multimedia Labs for self-practice
- Thorough guidance and learning support
- On campus accommodation facility
- Personal tutorials
- Free e-mail and Internet access
- Access to University’s rich library collection
- Excellent academic and allied facilities
- Strong IT support
- Access to On-line learning material
Programme Duration: The duration of the programme is 4 months
- April - August
- August – December
- January – April
- Age: The Candidate must be of 16 years of age & above
- Qualification: The candidate must have cleared 10th(O Level) grade
- To apply, a candidate requires his/her high school transcripts (translated in English).
- Upon arrival at LPU, the candidate will be tested on the English Language Benchmark Assessment(ELBA) for choosing the right programme for him/her.
Therefore, it is important that him/her arrive one week before the commencement of classes.
- When applying to the ELP at LPU, the candidate should also apply for the academic programme that he/she would like to study upon completion of the ELP. This will help him/her to obtain a study permit from the Indian Embassy of his/her country.
- The students entering the ELP must contact the International Office in advance, to ascertain their place in the programme.