- FIRST DEPARTMENT IN LPU AND THE ONLY ONE IN PUNJAB TO BECOME NODAL CENTRE FOR VIRTUAL LABS IN COLLABORATION WITH IIT DELHI for enhanced learning in Labs (24x7)
- IEEE-LPU Student Chapter (the first in Punjab) was established in Jan 2011 and was inaugurated by Prof.(Dr) Nalin Sharda of Victoria University, Australia as IEEE Official.
- Robotics & Intelligent System Community (RISC), established in 2010.
- More than 170 research publications in national/international conferences &journals by the faculty and the students of ECE after joining LPU.
- Dedicated Project Lab (25-302) is being run and managed independently by RISC-LPU members and also granted RISC-LPU another Project Lab in 25-203.
- 11th Quarterly Meet of IEEE Delhi Section was organized at LPU in February 2011 wherein about 50 student delegates from various institutions of North India participated.
- IEEE-LPU organized a workshop on ‘Health Speaks’ by inviting resource persons from GOOGLE (USA) in 2011
Recent Achievements of Students in ECE.
- Ms Navjot Khaira Won The north zone championship in Association of Indian universities, Research convention 2013 ”ANVESHAN” . She is a student of M Tech ECE 2nd year (2011 batch).
- Ms Navjot Khaira Won 2ND prize in The national championship in Association of Indian Universities, Research convention 2013 ”ANVESHAN”. This was accomplished under the guidance of Mr Jitendra Singh Sengar, faculty VLSI design.
- This is the achievement of our students in National Go-Cart Chanpionship 2013 in LPU (28th to 30th march 2013). Team ASHWAMEGH cleared all 6 rounds (Technical Inspection, ground Clearance, Brake & Acceleration, Skid-Pad, Auto-cross, Endurance & Fuel Economy) successfully & achieved overall 4th position in National Go-Kart Championship - 2013. Team ASHWAMEGH also got the award for Best Innovation for Electronic Seat Belt, Wireless kill Switch & Anti Theft System (Using GPS Tracking System) in the domain of safety & security.
- Mr. Karandeep Singh of ECE was awarded ‘Dr.J.K.Pal Memorial Best Student Award for promoting the IEEE’s commitment to student activities’ by IEEE Delhi Section.
- Ms. Neha Gorai from ECE won the first position in the event ‘Aqua Sprint’ at VYOM12 organized by PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh on 25th March 2012.
- Members of RISC-LPU have successfully made an automatic driverless Electric Car. RISC students have also succeeded in building a F-1 Car
- The university offered RISC-LPU to plan, manage and execute a Tram Project.
- Held workshops on Line Following Robots, AutoCAD, 8051 Micro-Controller and VLSI Design
Cultural Activities of ECE students and Faculty
- ECE discipline (collaborating with 3 schools of Sciences) bagged 1st postion in ONE INDIA event . (Represented the state of HARYANA, JAMMU & KASHMIR, UTTRAKHAND, HIMACHAL, DELHI, PUNJAB)
- Got the appreciation from the dignitaries for the best stall in the YOUTHVIBES (Punjabi dhabha)
- Won the first prize award (BEST ETHNIC OUTFIT) in the faculty festival, sanidhya ,(BALPREET SINGH B Id:15731)
- Represented a Bhangra team in SANIDHYA and Won the 1st prize in folk group dance.(BALPREET SINGH B ID: 15731)