Vision: To be among top ten peer departments in India for providing quality education, research and consultancy.
Mission: To prepare Electronics and Communication Engineers who are knowledgeable, confident and industry ready.
What do we do to realize mission and vision
- Make extra efforts to reach out to the best of teaching faculty members from IITs/NITs/IIITs and other renowned Universities.
- Benchmark the curricula and pedagogy against the best ones internationally such as MIT/Stanford etc.
- Introduced concept of majors in ECE and minors in CSE/Management for better placements across different domains.
- Extensive hands-on learning experience on the State-of-the-art Labs available at campus.
- Collaboration with IIT consortium for Virtual Labs; 24x7 available to students.
- Remedial classes for relatively weaker students.
- Facilitating industry readiness of the students through focused six specialized domains.
- Inviting experts from reputed industrial/academic institution for guest lectures on research and current technologies.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to focus on identified research areas.
- Innovation cum incubation center on campus with ‘Earn while you learn’ facilities.
- Professional Societies and Student Chapters on campus, such as IEEE-LPU &RISC (Robotics & Intelligent System Community).
- ECE offers Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate and Doctoral Programs, with focus on research through formation of Special Interest Groups.
Events and activities of the Discipline
- Faculty Development Programs Conducted
|Workshop conducted on
- VLSI Design Using Verilog,
- Virtual Labs,
- Basic Electrical and Electronics Fundamentals,
- Control Systems and
- Embedded System Using Keil-C
|07-30 June 2012
Guest Lectures for Faculty and Students:
| With External Resource Person
|Non-Linear Control System and PID Controllers by Dr. B. B. Sharma, Asst. Professor, NIT Hamirpur
||30th march 2013
|FPGA based Hardware Design at Advance Technologies by Er Arvind Dixit,Chairman and Managing Director, Advance Technologies
||15 January 2013
|Industrial Perspective of Electronics Hardware Design By Dr Dilip Kumar, Sr. Design Engineer, CDAC Mohali
||7 December 2012
|Digital Receiver Design by Prof Rajesh Khanna, HoD ECE, Thapar University , Patiala.
||3rd nov 2012
|With Internal Resource Person
|Open C (Image Processing by Mr. B. V. Kranthi
|Power Electronics by Mr. Ashish Sharma
||6th Feb 13
|ADS tool for antenna Designing by Mr. R. Madhusudhan Goud
|Signals and Systems by Mr Jaspinder Singh Sidhu
- Recently Held Technical Events by Faculty and Students
|Conducted for Students
|Workshop for Students on Virtuoso Tool by Mr Abhishek Kumar Asst Prof, VLSI Design
||29th march 2013
|Industrial Visit of students to Labs of CSIO Chandigarh
||28th September 2012
|Workshop on Global system for Mobile communications by eminent members of Innovation R&D, Jalandhar
|Workshop on Image Processing
||01-14 April 2012
|Workshop on VLSI Design(System Verilog and FPGA’s
||30 March- 21April 2012
|Workshop on Automobile and Designing
||01-14 April 2012
|Workshop on AVR and Embedded C
||19- 31 March 2012