Below are the residential facilities available varying with respect to the and/or room pattern allotted:
- Residential fee as mentioned below is for the academic session 2013-2014 and is subject to change for successive sessions.
- Unless otherwise specified, Residential facility(s) once chosen like Air Conditioned facility etc. will not be changed during the academic session.
- Residential fee as mentioned below includes the fee for accomodation (boarding and lodging), geyser/ cooler or AC (as opted),and electricity charges for light load (fixed 750 units per room per semester). Usage of over and above 750 units will be charged separately for electricity and generator.
- Electricity used in excess of light load permissible by the university will be charged on actual basis. In case of shared room or apartment i.e. 2, 3, 4 seater etc. usages of electricity units will be calculated on per room basis and shared equally among all the occupants of the room
- For Refund of fee, refer to Refund Policy mentioned separately.
- Separate residential facility for boys and girls within the campus
- Rooms with attached washroom, bed, table, chair and almirahs.
- Air cooler / Air Conditioner facility in each room (as opted)
- Arrangement for power supply through dedicated 24 hours hotlines
- Geyser in each room to provide hot water in winters (scheduled timings) for two hours per room every day or as decided by the University.
- Free internet connectivity through Wi-Fi system for scheduled timing for academic purposes only and subject to conditions.
- In campus Hospital with ambulance to provide medical assistance to students.
- Power backup for light load only (not for AC/Geyser/Air cooler).
- Mess facility with vegetarian meals only.
- Parking two wheeler/car facility at designated places only.
- Gymnasium (optional on payment basis)
Why Residential Facility at University campus is preferred to PG or Rented Accommodations ?
We have experienced in the past years that some of the parents/ students do not opt for residential facility at the time of admission and postpone this decision to look for other options. Though the University has a huge residential facility for the students, even then we have experienced the shortage of the same and when the parents/ students approach the University at the end, we are not able to accommodate them. So, in the interest of the students, it is advised that the residential facility should ideally be taken at the time of admission to avoid inconvenience at a later date. Click here for More Details
Quality Laundry Services are available in the University Campus. The Laundry Services are provided through the best washing and drying
machines using standard chemicals.
- Generally steam press system is used. .
- Delivery/collection is generally done in a bag with the proper identification number of the user at specified place in Residential
- Each student can get about 120 clothes washed/ironed from the Laundry in a month.
Life @ Residential Facilities provided by LPU
Events and Activities
To make the stay of the students a pleasant one they are constantly involved by organizing various celebrations, events and activities likes cultural activities, sports, debates and declamations.
Various competitions are organized where students from different residential inns compete with each other. Apart from this, various clubs and forums work inside the residential facilities providing the students opportunities to develop certain skills in their fields of interest and inculcating in them a sense of regular practice and discipline.
In addition, the residential facilities also have counsellors who are there to solve the problems of students in context of family issues, studies, home sickness etc. These counsellors are regarded as best friends by the students who provide ready tips on how to tackle these everyday stressful situations. Also for counseling and psychological support, the University offers on campus Counselling and Psychological Support Services.
Click here to view more details of Counselling and Psychological Support Services.
Safety and Security
The University ensures the safety and security of the students in the hostels through a dedicated team of security officers and personnel who work for the same. There are security guards who take care that proper decorum is maintained in the campus and are there to assist the students in case of any emergency. Also 1000+ CCTVs have been installed in the campus for continuous surveillance.
There are various Committees working in the Residential facilities each looking at separate and individual issues. The Committees smoothen the functioning as well as ensure active participation of the students as the authority is delegated to them through the committees.
Following are the committees that are functional in the residential facilities:
- Cultural and Entertainment Committee
- Sports Committee
- Discipline, Security and Anti Ragging Committee
- Medical and Safety Committee
- Mess Committee
- Academics and Grievance Committee
- These committees comprise of students who work for one common goal of unconstrained operations.
Residential Facility Fee
|Dormitory* (Air Cooled)
*Dormitory room may have 8-16 students and are without attached washrooms. However common washrooms will be available on the same floor. Dormitory rooms may be made available only for the applicants from financial weaker sections. As number of seats is limited, so to asscertain and prioritize the need, applicant along with application for residential facility should also submit the following documents as proof of income for last year.
1 Seater Standard Room available for Girls only. For Boys 1 seater is available in Luxury Apartments only.
- Copy of last year income tax return of father and mother
- Salary Certificate of father and mother (if employed)
- Any other certificate/document as desired by the University.
Luxury Apartment (For Boys & Girls)
Luxury Apartments have 1/ 2/ 3/ 4 rooms in an apartment with attached washroom in each room. The apartment has common kitchen/
kitchenettee, dinning and lobby area.
The following facilities are available in luxury apartments:
- Air Conditioner in each room
- Geyser in attached washroom in each room
- Laundry Services
- Wooden cupboards
- Permission for using two electrical gadgets (maximum load upto 5 ampere) per apartment.
|Seating/ Apartment Category
| Allotment in Apartment with 2/3/4 rooms
||4 seater (shared apartment)
|3 seater (shared apartment)
|2 seater (shared apartment)
|1 seater (shared apartment)
Allotment in One room Apartment
||3 seater (Independent apartment)
|2 seater (Independent apartment)
|1 seater (Independent apartment)
Conditions of availing Residential Facility
- In case a student has availed the Residential facility for the full academic session and if due to any reason leaves/withdraws the residential facility during the academic session, the student shall have no claim for refund of fee & other charges already paid or otherwise, whatsoever against the University after the last date of refund as prescribed under the head ‘Refund Policy for Indian Applicants’ of Part-C. Fee and other charges, including amount paid for provisional registration, paid by the candidate shall stand forfeited and the candidate shall further be liable to pay the fee and other charges for remaining/ entire year.
- In case a student has availed the residential facility for the whole academic session and later on seeks to move out of the university due to certain reasons like getting On-Job-Training / selected for Internship / study abroad programme / cultural or academic exchange programmes etc., then he/she will be required to vacate the allotted room/apartment and will not be entitled for any refund of fee paid for residential facility. Provided further that if under special circumstances, such a student is allowed to stay in the residential facility, then he will be required to follow all the rules, regulations and guidelines for staying in residential facility including but not limited to check-in and check-out times, maintaining discipline, day-offs, leaves etc.
- The University can provide residential facility, at its own or through other arrangement, in or outside campus, as deem fit. iv. The student will not be entitled to claim residential facility as a matter of right.
- The student will vacate the residential facility in case of any requirement of the University for some specific period(s) for any reasons including accommodating guests, delegates, participants of any event, for maintenance work etc., as and when prescribed by the University.
- The University reserves the right to get the residential facility evacuated at any time either partially or in full on account of any emergency or any unforeseen circumstances arising within or outside the University.
- In case it is found at any time that the student is subject to be declared ineligible for appearing in any examination due to shortage of attendance in a particular term after due consideration of all the classes to be conducted for that term or in case detained at any time on account of disciplinary misconduct or any other reason whatsoever, the student will be liable to vacate the residential facility as and when directed by the University. Allotment of residential facility in the next term/semester shall be solely at the discretion of the University.
- The University reserves the right to debar the student to apply for residential facility in case student has CGPA or attendance less than the prescribed limit as specified by the University from time to time. In addition to academic credentials student may also be debarred from applying for residential facility, in case student has been considered for disciplinary action or case of indiscipline is pending against him.
- The University will reserve the right to carry inspection of the students room, bags, almirahs or any of personal belongings at any time during day and/or night.
- The University will reserve the right to make changes in residential facility, room allotted and various provisions and facilities in the accommodation as deem appropriate from time to time.
- The entrance of outsiders in the residential accommodation will be restricted and entry and/or stay of parents/guardian and any other visitor (if authorised)will be subject to the permission of warden and other concerned authorities of the University; and if permitted, parents/guardians/visitor while being on campus will ensure that they behave decently and in orderly manner and any misbehaviour or unwarranted act on their part shall entitle the University to take any action against them and/or any disciplinary action against the student.
- The student will take precautions against insect-bites, dog-bites, snake-bites, animal-bites, plant-bites and such other infections and diseases and the University shall not be liable for such infections and diseases. However, in case of falling sick or any sort of infections, diseases or personal injury or otherwise, the student shall inform the warden and his/her parents instantly; and shall be liable to pay/reimburse for any expenditure incurred by the University and/or warden on his/her treatment for any illness or disease or personal injury or otherwise.
- The student will not make any unauthorised use of electricity by using any electrical gadgets including iron, heater, audio player, convector and immersion rod.
- The residential fee includes the charges for usage of fixed electric units as prescribed by the University and in case the utilized units exceed fixed units, the student will pay the charges for usage of units exceeding the fixed units.
- The CFL once issued will not be replaced in case of damage due to default on part of the student and it will be the responsibility of the student to get it replaced at his own cost.
- The student will not paste any poster or painting on the walls of rooms or at other places in and outside residential premises. xvii. The hot water supply shall be available in winter only for fixed timings as prescribed by the University.
- If the student is absent from the residential facility without permission or violate any guidelines or policy or instructions of the University, the University shall be entitled to take any disciplinary action against the student including or rustication/expulsion cancellation/ withdrawal of residential facility.
- The University will reserve the right to withdraw or change any residential facility and/or to revise fee or any other charges prescribed for the purpose of availing any residential facility.
- Students must put thick curtains on windows, ventilator and doors facing towards balcony/ outside and are strictly prohibited not to paste any poster, newspaper etc. on such things which may damage the paint or colour of the wall, doors, cupboard, etc. and will not use any thing related to ceremonies which may cause mishappening or nuisance to roommates or anyone else.
- The student will be liable to pay for any damage caused to the residential accommodation either alone or jointly with others apart from any action(s) as decided by the University.
- Warden or other competent authority of the University can check about the students whereabouts and other details as and when required.
- Students shall be themselves responsible for the cleanliness of their rooms/apartments. However the washrooms and corridors will be cleaned by the housekeeping staff on periodical basis.
- Food facility is permitted on annual basis for students admitted for regular programmes for the duration of regular academic session.
- Students have an option to avail Food facility from the University or may manage on their own. Food facility may be offered in 3 different categories - Standard Food, Regional Food and Continental Food.
- Fee for Standard food facility -`19500/-
- Fee and other details for Regional and Continental Food facility, if offered, may be made available on University website (under the head Admission i.e. http://www.lpu.in/admissions/admissions.php).
- Food facility will be provided till the end of the regular academic session including regular exams or 10 months from the start of session, whichever is earlier. Students may avail Food facility when they come and join two days prior to start of academic session and upto two days after regular exams. For availing Food facility after the end of academic session for any purpose like summer school/reappear examination/ make up examination/PEP/ EEP classes etc., additional proportionate Food fee will have to be paid by the student, subject to the availability and permission of Food facility.
- The fee for food facility is for academic session 2013-14 only and is subject to change for successive sessions.
- The fee for Standard Food facility i.e.` 19,500/- is subsidized by the University and the subsidized rates may not be available for successive sessions
- ` 19,500/- fee as food fee is for prescribed standard menu containing mainly North Indian dishes. Any specialized or regional food like
- South Indian , Gujrati food etc., if offered, will be charged separately.
- Only specific meals (e.g. Breakfast and dinner only ) may be offered in Regional Food and Continental Food Category, if offered.
- Regional and Continental Food, if offered, may not be available in the same residential facility but may be at other place(s) within the University Campus.
- As a special gesture, university allows the student to pay the food fee in two installments, first installment of ` 9750/- at the time of applying for food fee and the rest of amount (i.e. ` 9750/-) along with the fee of next semester. As food facility is permitted on annual basis so student cannot claim withdrawal of food facility after paying one installment.