|CLUBS AT LPU
The University encourages the establishment of a variety of student clubs reflecting student interests and individual or group accomplishments of learning outcomes determined by the University. The University runs various Cultural, Social Service and Sports Clubs for the students.
These clubs help the students to:
The classes of the clubs are held at convenient timings, keeping in view the convenience of both the day scholars and the hostellers.
- Grow academically, physically, socially, morally and spiritually.
- Keep a fine balance between academic and non academic activities like sports, cultural, co-curricular and extracurricular.
- Realize and groom their talents and capabilities.
- Participate and win in University, State, National and International level events and competitions.
- Develop their overall personality.
- Learn from well trained, qualified, experienced and caring trainers.
- Learn from experienced and renowned people through seminars, workshops, training sessions, guest lectures, etc
- Learn in a supportive environment that strengthens the development of their artistic abilities.
The University runs the following Cultural Clubs to foster and promote study and appreciation of various arts among the students:
- Theatre Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Literary Club
- The Theatre Club is for those who are interested in acting and theatre.
- This Club provides students with the opportunity to participate not only in University plays, dramas, mime, mimicry, skits, etc; but also to compete against other universities on intervarsity, state and national levels.
- Keeping in mind that theatre is one of the most potent forms of art capable of sending a particular pertinent message to the society, the theatre club works on an alternative theatre concept that holds the belief, that as a form of drama it has got an overpowering impact of direct communication.
- Through this effective and easy-to-implement medium, the audience is educated to confront the daily problems in life
- In this club the students are taught about all spheres of theatre including concept creation, scene creation, direction, promotion, acting, psychology as well as the use of various other arts; which contributes to the development of overall personality of the students.
Dance is a physical and visual art form, which has an immediate and massive impact on the spectator and is more of a way of communicating, what is unspeakable, what cannot be said with words.
Music Club The Music Club helps the students to learn the basic surs and taals of Indian Gharanas.
- The club offers an extensive range of classes and activities which apart from polishing the dancing ability of the students, help to groom their personality.
- The students are also taught how the audience is amused by the attire and ornaments of the artist.
- The students are also taught about the nine rasas (Navarasas or the emotions), which includes Hasya (happiness), Krodha (anger), Bhibasta (disgust), Bhaya (fear), Shoka (sorrow), Viram (courage), Karuna (compassion), Adbhuta (wonder) and Shanta (serenity ), on which the majority of Indian classical dance forms are focused on.
- The various dance forms taught in the club are Classical Indian, Folk, Traditional and Regional dances which include Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kathakali, Gidha, Bhagra, etc.
Apart from giving vocal and instrumental training, various workshops on music, seminars by experts of music field, performance of renowned vocalists, etc are also organised
by which the students are able to learn the basics of real musical talent required in the music industry.
The students are trained in the following categories:
Fine Arts Club
- Classical Vocal
- Classical Instrumental
- Semi Classical Vocal
- Light Vocal
- Western Vocal
- Group song
- Folk- Orchestra
Fine Arts is a visual art considered to have been created primarily for aesthetic purposes and judged for its beauty and meaningfulness. The Club works to train and groom the students in all spheres of fine arts. In the Club the students are taught various forms of painting; like water painting, oil painting, etc; drawing, collage making, poster making, clay modelling, rangoli, installation, etc.
For the complete development of a person's personality, the power of both knowledge and its articulation play a complementary role. Each is incomplete without the other. At Literary club, both are given an equal importance.
- The University Literary Club helps providing vent to students desiring to express themselves by way of elocution, debates, creative writing, and etc. while at the same time acquiring knowledge by way of frequent discourses and discussions.
- The club trains its students in various areas like creative writing, extempore speeches, debates, symposia, quizzing, poetry recitations, declamations, essay writing, poetic recitation, slogan writing, etc by conducting discussions about various literature related activities, workshops / seminars on literature writing, etc.
The Sports Club of LPU is formed to encourage sports among the students and enable them learn the various skills that come in hand with this activity. It covers various sport activities like cricket, hockey, football, basketball, handball, volleyball, badminton, chess, table-tennis, athletics, yoga, judo, lawn tennis, boxing, kabaddi, kho - kho etc.
The Sports Club conducts activities at the following levels:
- Inter-school Competitions: These competitions are held in the University between various schools. The students performing well in these competitions are selected and teams to represent the University at state and national levels are formed. These students are trained in their respective games and then these students are sent for different national and state level competitions.
- Inter-hostel Competitions: Inter-hostel competitions are held between the different hostels for boys and girls to engage the hostellers and provide them the opportunities of recreation. Such competitions give them chances to play and have a good time.
- Inter-University Competitions: These competitions are held between various Universities. The University sports are governed by Association of Indian Universities, the apex body in sports. The Inter-school teams are trained and given coaching in the coaching camps and then sent to various AIU competitions.
The students are provided with equipments, venues and coaches to provide quality sports facilities to students. At present the club has coaches for various games like Handball, Volleyball, Football, Baseball, Softball, Kho-kho, Aerobics, and Judo.
The club also organizes several coaching camps in-campus and off-campus to develop quality sportspersons which include in-campus coaching camp for AIU, winter off-campus camps and summer off-campus camps.
LPU is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU),
an organization promoting university activities especially by way of sharing information and co-operation in the field of education, culture, sports and allied areas.
Students of LPU are also eligible to participate in Inter-University cultural and youth festivals and sports competitions organized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
The University is dedicated towards welfare of the society for which various social activities are organized at various intervals. With the vision of creating awareness among the students and render help to the society the University has started the Social Services Club. This Club will help to:
- Enhance the awareness of social issues.
- Create a sense of social responsibility among the students.
- Contribute positively to the improvement of the community.
- Acquaint students with skills and motivation to serve the community by rendering their services.
To achieve the goals of the club following initiatives are taken:
- The club organizes various activities like plays, dramas, debates, declamations, celebrations of social causes(like celebrating joy of giving week) and days, awareness camps on various Environmental, Heath related and other socials issues, free eye checkup camps, Tree plantation and blood donation camps within the University and its adjoining areas.
- Various workshops, seminars, guest lectures by experts are arranged to create awareness among the students.