Shree Pranab Mukherjee, Former President of India, gave away LPU’s "Transforming Education Awards 2017", at his residence on 31st January 2018. This one of its kind initiative of Lovely Professional University aimed to honour inspiring teachers , schools, and students from across India for their dedicated life changing initiatives in the field of education.
Learn Foreign Languages@
Department of Foreign Languages (LPU)
In the age of globalization, more and more multi-nationals are having their operations in India and similarly Indian companies are setting up operations overseas. Foreign languages open many professional avenues for those who are passionate and have a flair for it.
|Programme Name (Semester 1)||Duration||Tentative Batch Timings|
|Certificate in Japanese Language||60 hours||Weekdays batch timing:
05:00 PM – 07:00 PM (Mon, Tues & Wed)
Weekend batch timing:
09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Saturdays and Sundays)
|Certificate in French Language A1||60 hours|
|Certificate in German Language A1||60 hours|
|Certificate in Spanish Language A1||60 hours|
Admission Procedure: To know the admission procedure Click on the following link
For LPU students and staff For outside campus students
- The fee of each course is Rs. 3,500/- for LPU students & staff + the cost of the books (approx. Rs. 1,000/- to be purchased separately) and is not refundable.
- For others, the fee for each course is Rs. 4,000/- + the cost of the books (approx. Rs. 1,000/- to be purchased separately) and is not refundable.
- Interpreter: It involves the conversion of conversation in Japanese to English and vice-versa.
- Translator: The profile requires the candidate to convert written documents from Japanese to English and vice-versa.
- IT and Automobile Companies: Many Japanese Companies and Indian Companies prefer candidates with Technical Knowledge along with Japanese Skills as most of their clients are Japanese.
- Work in Japan: After learning the advanced level of Japanese, the opportunities are open for candidates to work in Japan.
- Outbound Process: There are several BPOs which are dealing with Japanese Clients and they look for candidates who can provide them Language support.
- Teaching: There are opportunities for those who want to add value by teaching Japanese in Schools, Colleges, Institution and Corporate Offices.
- Hospitality Industry: Candidates can also look for their career option in several Travel Companies and Hotels and Many more.
- Translation: Medical/Literature texts, websites, official documents etc.
- Interpretation: At seminars & conferences.
- Teaching: At Schools, Universities, Institutes, Language academies and Companies
- Jobs in embassies: Foreign Embassies in India and Indian embassies abroad
- India’s foreign services: Jobs at Ministry of External Affairs
- Publishing: News, Periodicals, Books, directories etc.
- Tourism: As a tour guide/operator in India or abroad, Travel agent etc.
- Entertainment: Dubbing/Subtitles, works related to cinema, theatre, advertising etc.
- Business and marketing: international business/trade, Import/Export etc.)
- Public relations and media: Jobs with TV channels, newspapers, journals etc.
Mr. Saurav Sharma
COD, Department of Foreign Languages
Block 20 (Law Block), 202/1