ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR SESSION 2016-17
(For all Part Time Programmes)
|AUTUMN TERM (Term I)
|Start of Session for Freshmen - Induction and start of classes
||Jul 24, 2016
|Commencement of classes for all continuing students
|| Jul 24, 2016
|Registration of Backlog courses (For continuing students)
|| Aug 12-19, 2016
|Last date for applying for reappear examination for immediate previous even term courses*
|| Aug 22, 2016
|Mid Term Test (MTT)
|| Sep 29- Oct 01, 2016
|Resumption of Classes
|| Oct 09, 2016
|Completion of Advance Registration for Elective Courses (Dept Electives, Spl Electives, OE & SE) for Spring Term (Term II) of Session 2016-17
|| Nov 15, 2016
|Close of Autumn Term ( 2016-17)
|| Dec 18, 2016
|End Term Examination (ETE) along with Lab Examination (wherever applicable)
||Dec 20-24, 2016
|End Term Evaluation of Dissertation and similar courses **
||Dec 28-29, 2016
|Scrutiny of Answer books
|| Jan 07, 2017
|Commencement of Classes of Term II of Academic Session 2016-17
|| Jan 08, 2017
*Immediate previous even term courses would mean:
For a 2012 batch student (who took admission in 2012) it would mean courses of term 8
For a 2013 batch student it would mean courses of term 6
For a 2014 batch student it would mean courses of term 4
For a 2015 batch student it would mean courses of term 2
**The End Term exam of courses like Dissertation & Projects will be scheduled as per the Guidelines released for Capstone, Dissertation and similar courses issued from time to time by the University.
Some important points:
- The dates mentioned in the calendar, especially with regard to end of Mid Term and End Term Examinations, are tentative and a variation may occur. Students are advised to plan for travel keeping into consideration an extension of at least 3 days.
- If a student is not present on the date of scrutiny he/she will lose the opportunity to look at his/her answer books, however such students can apply for revaluation.
- There will be no scrutiny of reappear examination answer books; however such students can apply for revaluation.
- Any examination may be held on any working day (i.e. other than Sunday).
- Part Time students may be required to visit the University other than Sundays in order to apply for re-evaluation, re- appear exam, scrutiny, backlog registration, dissertation guidance etc. Whenever required, classes may be scheduled on days other than Sundays.
- The schedule of Sports/ co-curricular/ cultural events will be notified separately by the concerned Division/ School.